Latest happenings/exhibitions/classes in chennai for ladies

Discussion in 'Places & Events' started by Shanvy, Aug 7, 2007.

1. kaluputti

kaluputti Platinum IL'ite

I am 'really' sorry that I missed this reply, thread,forum,site etc.,etc..when you had found the time to encourage me with such nice words..Thank you sir.
    Yes, I was/am very busy indulging in this "very lucrative and highly remunerative rewarding art." ( yes this part is not accepted as nice) that I could not log in for quite a while....Only we , traditional artists know how the art form has been diluted , the slide has been drastic,and how the current trend affects the genuine artist of this wonderful art form which showcases the affluent past, borderless barath, cultural radiance etc., etc.....the trend of fakes overpowering the genuine....Thanks, but I deny your remarks , we have become rarity and the field is flooded with 'instant 'mania so much that our works have become collecters' items with the result that we rarely are patronised. why should you, when you get a fake for 1/10th of the cost of the genuine? Thanks to the information explosion right& wrong methods abound about this art form so much that very few want to learn from genuine artist.
    "தலை வலியும் திருகு வலியும் தனக்கு வந்தாதான் தெரியும். இக்கரைக்கு அக்கரை பச்சை '
    No this is not bitterness but acceptance of the fact & the general opinion of the mass of which we are aware of...but wanted to correct , shouldnt we at some point?;);)

Thyagarajan likes this.
  2. kaluputti

"Some of large intricate paintings in size 3”x5” are said to cost in lacs of ₹."
    should be 3'x5'...it is material 30% and hard labor the rest ,for your information...:blush::blush:

Thyagarajan likes this.
  3. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

#201 & #202 thanks to madam sister @kaluputti for response and observations. Indeed. i agree in toto with her statements.
    Many crafts of oriental and India in Particular are dying and being extinguished.

With the technological advances and the latest
    (Quote)
    ChatGPT, Silicon Valley's latest app sensation, has investors rushing to find the next big thing in generative AI, the technology that some hail as the beginning of a new era in big tech.

Artificial intelligence (AI) has been increasingly present in everyday life for decades, but the November launch of the conversational robot from start-up OpenAI marked a turning point in its perception by the general public and investors.

Every so often we have platforms that come along and result in an explosion of new companies. We saw this with the internet and mobile, and AI could be the next platform. (Unquote)

Chat GBT ushers death of many crafts and many experts experienced personnel knowledge turns obsolete instantly and triggers death-knell of google search engine related projects: and possibly huge unemployment of technologists.
    News is Mr Sundar Picchai salary reduced by few crores which not augurs well.

Regards.
    God bless.

kaluputti likes this.
  4. Thyagarajan

5. Thyagarajan

kaluputti likes this.
  6. kaluputti

Hello, yes, am back after a long gap...lot of things happening and at my age not able to cope or attend to everything properly. I too have an account for chatgpt and it is funny....it& its variations has come a long way from introduction to now in creating images, providing solutions to lots of prompts...with the nagging and lurking fear of its over powering human intelligence. All said and done it may take a while for it to replace human handicrafts is my opinion. Any pointers in confirming or negating is welcomed.

Thyagarajan likes this.
  7. kaluputti

Wow, belated 'thank you'...for the wishes...here is my making up for it....:-D..!
    thyagaraja 1.JPG

Thyagarajan likes this.
  8. Thyagarajan

Thanks for your thoughtfulness.
    Not a day go by without my listening to few of his popular keerthanas.
    Regards.