Latest happenings/exhibitions/classes in chennai for ladies

Discussion in 'Places & Events' started by Shanvy, Aug 7, 2007.

1. tuffyshri

tuffyshri Gold IL'ite

Latest happenings in Chennai -
    1) Street Food Festival in Island Ground from 2nd Aug to 4th Aug 2013. Sponsors include Cadbury, Cocacola, MTR
    2) Manek's trade fair in Medavakkam-Mambakkam Road from 6 jul to 18 aug 2013. Have animals show, food and rides

2. deepasahana

deepasahana Bronze IL'ite

Wow...more informative yar .....thnk u

3. srividhyams

srividhyams New IL'ite

Hi Ladies

Blossoms International - Annanagar west is conducting free summer camp for kids 2yrs-8yrs starting 16 Apr - I think its four weeks. Includes Art and craft, Rhymes, clay work, games, treasure hunt etc. The school is near park road behind Newry park towers. I hope this information is useful for everyone. Post similar stuff if available.

4. ChrisColin

ChrisColin Junior IL'ite

Is there any Expo - Textile going on in Chennai?

5. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

The sari that costs more, than a Mercedes Benz car!!

upload_2021-7-5_12-11-14.jpeg

How often do you come across a pure silk sari, that costs Indian Rs. 5 Million (US$100,000)? Chennai Silks, a textile shop in Chennai, South India, has come up with one such, and is seeking an unmistakable entry, into the Guinness book of world records, for being the most unique and expensive saree, ever.

This exceptionally stunning sari, is meticulously woven with 12 precious stones and precious metals, to depict 11 of Raja Ravi Verma's popular paintings. Explicitly projected, is, 'Lady Musicians', one of Raja Ravi Verma's very famous works, which displays women, belonging to diverse cultural backgrounds.

Besides, the border of the sari, features 10 other paintings, of that famous 20th century artist.

The best part of the saree, is that the women depicted in the sari, have been intricately handwoven and beautified, with jewels of gold, diamond, platinum, silver, rubies, emeralds, yellow sapphires, blue sapphires, cat's eyes, topazes, pearls and corals.

Already in the Limca Book of Records, this Indian Rupee 5 Million sari, will be the first silk sari, which required the use of 7,440 jacquard hooks, and 66,794 cards, during its weaving process. More over, a group of consummate workers took 4,680 hours, to complete the task.

(As received in my WhatsApp)

6. kaluputti

kaluputti Platinum IL'ite

There seems to be no activity here...can I post about classes here?

Thyagarajan likes this.
  7. Thyagarajan

After a long hiatus I see you are here in IL.

Yes madam sister - this is the right forum.

Some one some where would certainly benefit from your jottings.
    Please go ahead.

If programme suits their time and purse, they would attend or atleast by word of mouth spread the benevolent message so that those in proximity to venue would attend.

If classes are on line, it is far better as young learner’s are far more crazier to study and gather knowledge & things online.

kaluputti likes this.
  8. Janakinarne

Janakinarne Gold IL'ite

S plz share

kaluputti likes this.
  9. kaluputti

kaluputti Platinum IL'ite

Thank you ji...yes, I don't visit the forum as much as I did initially. This site is the reason I was introduced to the forums, nay the net(ther)world, just one post about Thanjavur painting led me to explore armchair interaction all over the world.
    Am still considering posting , anyway thanks for the clarification.

Thyagarajan likes this.
  10. Thyagarajan

I hv gone through some of your interactions from canada vancoover with your followers who went ga-ga with your guidance and valuable insights in the making of world famous tanjore paintings.
    It reminds me always the huge Tanjore paintings displayed on the walls of reception area in popular five star hotels.

I was thinking of your thread when i happened to see tanjore paintings in huge golden frames in Hotel Rayas standing majestically opposite mamangamtank kumbakonam.

Thereare many hotels in deep south where in their foyer and stair case decorated with tanjore paintings of gods & godesses of indian pantheon.

A very lucrative and highly remunerative rewarding art. Some of large intricate paintings in size 3”x5” are said to cost in lacs of ₹.

Regards.
    God Bless.