'Last edited by' ..what is the significance in forum posts?

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Feedback!' started by Aria, May 25, 2014.

1. Aria

Aria New IL'ite

Cntd ...

I prefer to chain post with corrections

corrected: (read that as I stopped editing my posts these days with all the typos , grammatical errors))

;-)

2. kishoreg

kishoreg Gold IL'ite

go to profile->attachments->manage attachments->select the snap you want to delete it-> that's all...I guess it should work...

3. Aria

Aria New IL'ite

I don't think it is working for any recent Gold members. I quickly breezed through posts of recent acclaimed & entrenched members in "Marital Forum" and see that edit is timestamp is adorning all their posts.

Don't know what to suggest may be some patch applied which considers registration date and processes the request.

shakehead

4. Aria

Aria New IL'ite

I'm referring to a picture which is not used as any attachment in any post (unused snap in upload manager, which should be automatically deleted in an hour if not attached to any post)

I can still see the picture when I click on attachments in upload manager pop-up.

5. kishoreg

kishoreg Gold IL'ite

oh sorry got it:)

6. Aria

Aria New IL'ite

Jey ,

I'd appreciate if the picture is deleted from the backend. The photo is uploaded as photo(36).jpg in upload manager. I can't find any button to delete it.

I've not used the photo in any attachment, I don't know why it is still cached on server.

7. Aria

Aria New IL'ite

Jey, is this as baffling as it was last week or any ray of hope in explicating the behaviour?

I'm happy to race to "Gold' if you can confirm some tweak will affect all 'Gold iLites' to shed edit timestamp (when no reason is provided) :2thumbsup:

8. Jey

Jey Administrator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Aria,

I know IL_Admin is working with you on the photo issue through the other thread. On the edit message, we need to do a bit more testing. Just so we can prioritize looking into this, looks like I am missing something on why this is such a botheration. Can you enlighten me?

9. Aria

Aria New IL'ite

You are missing a lot! Not a botheration but like some people are allergy to dust and peanut I'm super-sensitive to layout and alignment of boxed-text. The "edit-by" (only for my crazy rods and cones in retina) is jarring , misaligns the textual content like a price-tag is sewed into the dress and not affixed. I'm someone who reads even the mall-flyers from top to bottom and discusses the various fonts and textual content with accompanying friends. So it is not lapse of system, policy, misguidance from your aesthetic dept. but my hyper-sensitive pupils that cower when they see that off-key meta-data.

I know it is not only inconsequential but too trivial , as I said it is just me and when I noticed that Gauri and Soka were not affected by this "edit-time" hug I enquired to understand what setting or privilege is needed to assiduously work towards getting rid of it. But when I noticed that even if I race towards "Gold", I'm enveloped for eternity, disheartened me .

You may prioritize it according.

2 people like this.
  10. Aria

Aria New IL'ite

Again the discomfort is

1. 20% seeing the text "edit-by".
    2. 80% infliction is not democratized.

I'm sad if my nib is broken but I'm devastated when my neighbour's magical pen does not need a nib to write :biggrin2:

(yeh yeh , I'm not as sweet as I pretend to portray myself sometimes here)

1 person likes this.