1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

laser treatment for eyes..suggestion needed

Discussion in 'Body Care' started by Huma, Oct 1, 2007.

1. esther25

esther25 New IL'ite

Laser treatment is very good one . In India, Madurai-Tamilnadu Aravind Eye Hospital is very good one. There best doctors and very good treatment. You can come over here undergo the treatment. Best of luck.

2. kss_v

kss_v New IL'ite

I'm from Hyderabad and I was afraid to do it when I went to India for my vacation. I wanted to know more about it before going for it.
    Any one heard about Max vision eye institute in hyderabad. Is it good for Lasik eye surgery?

If in US, is it very pricy or would be of the same cost as in India?

Thanks,
    kssv

3. divyavinoth

divyavinoth New IL'ite

Hai friends,

I had the idea of wearing contact lens before reading this post.But now I think it will be better to do laser treatment .May i know the details of where to do it for best treatment in chennai and how much does it cost?

Thanks & Regards,
    Mrs.Vinoth

4. bangaloremsg

bangaloremsg New IL'ite

Dear

As of now Lasik treatment is found to be safe. this is been done in many eye hospitals now. What the theory behind is that, all the short sight or astigmatism is occuring due to the defect in the curvature of the cornea( to the great extend) so in Lasik, what they do is cut and lift the epithelium part ( the outer layer of the cornea) and using laser chip the and change the curvature as per the readings of the scans and tests and calculations and the corneal flap is put back to the original place. no suture iw applied and it will heal of its own.

As i am within the industry of eye care and related to biomedicals and my company also has this machine which is considered the best and i wil tell you I WILL NOT GO FOR LASIK AND WONT SEND MY RELATIVES.

There are different equipments does this which are bought by different doctors and claims skyies. , i warn the complications rates are there and go for this when you are ready to take risk of being that 1 in 1000, and of over correcting. if glasses are really a problem for you, and it matters you in your social life, other wise keep you glasses and add up a mature look to you rather than a smal risk

5. kavithol

kavithol New IL'ite

Hi,

I too would suggest not doing lasik..

I too have long sight defect. When i asked my uncle who is an eye doctor,said personally he wouldn't suggest laser treatment.

Though bangloremsg suggests the same, I couldnt get the technical term. As a layman, doc explained tat they r going to reduce the elongated portion of the eye ball, which results in a shorter eyeball.

After tat if suppose u have got a problem in your eye, then its very difficult to operate.

Best is to use glasses, or use contact lens.

If you really want to do laser treatment in india, it costs 22,000Rs in arvind eye hospital madurai(i m not sure abt the current rate, this is 2yrs before) and 35,000-40,000Rs in chennai.

cheers,
    Kavi

6. bangaloremsg

bangaloremsg New IL'ite

kavithol

Thats right!.....no eye doc will advice a LASIK for his kith and kin. definetly they will do it. In Lasik treatment, the involvment of a doc is minimal. its all done by the machine. And that is little dangerous, as a small fault in the electronics of the machine, you may loose your vision

7. vivbass

vivbass Gold IL'ite

Dear huma,
    so what you have decided??? already your laser treatment done????
    my hubby's colleague,she was admin,did the treatment 6 months before & now she lost her left eye sight,now the right side also slowly getting worse:-(....so think twice before taking treatment...
    better is specs...:thumbsup

8. shel_28

shel_28 Silver IL'ite

Dear all,
    The best is spectacles only. I dont know why lot of people are uncomfortable with this.Even my twin sister doesnt like spectacles. she always wish to get Lasik treatment or contact lens. So during her reuglar eye checkup, I enquired the doctor. He told me that spectacles is the best and safer one.

for those who feel uncomfortable with spectacles,
    1. Try to select lens shape that suits your face.
    2. Best is to avoid tinted effect.
    3. Go for a thinner frame than a broader one.
    4. most of all, wear your spectacles and look at the mirror with a smiling face. think that it adds beauty to your face.and days later you'll love it..... (positive motivation)

9. ALPA

ALPA Platinum IL'ite

hi,
    i know of someone who did laser treatment and is having problems at night while driving. please think it through before going for the laser treatment

good luck
    alpa

10. Huma

Huma Silver IL'ite

Hi everybody

thank you very much for your feedback. I didn't have any surgery done to my eyes yet but after reading this i keep my glasses.

take care guys.