1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

laser hair removal - I've undergone

Discussion in 'Body Care' started by sanju11, Nov 13, 2009.

1. sanju11

sanju11 New IL'ite

Hi.

I have gone through some of the posts regarding unwanted hair removal options.Good to see,friends share their doubts and opinons frankly here and always get a response too.

Friends,I would like to share some of my opinion regarding laser hair removal.

Being a working girl,it will be very difficult to move around with visible hairs in the face..At first it was only a few hairs in the chin.My periods are regular.I was not overweight.I was advised by a doctor to take hormone tests.everything was normal.so I was advised to meet a lady doctor in TNagar for laser hair removal.

I went alone.The first sitting was very painful.its like a pricking and burning sensation.I was 24 at that time.I was very much embrassed about the hair growth,but at the same time,I went for laser,to make me look good.I can bare pain.But nowadays doctor's are not kind hearted.

They should talk to their patients in such a way,that we should be bold enough to face the treatment.Even if we cry in pain,doctor should tell us,being the first time, itz paining a little more.nothing to worry..

Am i right friends??But nothing happened like that.As i went alone,i was little afraid,but tried to control myslef..She was not kind enough and she responded,being a girl,if you cant bare a pain like this,what you are going to do in the future??After the laser,immediately my chin was red and I was having some marks.as per her advice,i applied a cream.But nothing was fruitful.my skin was burnt and I had rashes like marks.

The second time,I told her..last time it was very much painful and the marks took a long time to get cured.but no reply from her.I asked her to give me some more cooling before the treatment.But no response.I came with the same experience of pain and this time,the burns are very severe and took a long time to heal..

I was very much frustrated.Then searching in the web etc,I went to another lady doctor in the outer part of chennai.she spoke very nicely and sweetly.first session went on well.pain was not much terrible..I can bare.
    but skin burn was there.Again same story..applied some cream.but marks went on somewhat soon than the first session.I was happy.

3 - 4 sessions went on.But as she said,hair reduction was not there. hair started growing in the near by,where there was no hair growth previously.
    Also after laser treatment,this marks are huge,like skin pealed off,taking a long time to become normal.I started with a very few hairs.but after all these sittings,hair started growing in the near by chin areas.

Then I stopped it.After some time,I got to know through news,the second doctor is not a doctor itself.juz a beautician.she was arrested.

I am not writing this to discourage somebody who are interested in laser treatments.

But friends, before you start the treatment,juz get as much as details about the doctor,the results of the treatment,how many sessions,money etc.Itz not true,only rich are going for these treatments.Even people like us from a middle class,need to go,since we have to look good in our working places.I know,I've undergone such difficulties..even team mates - girls who talk about this at the back,girls who make fun of us because of this,the worst part is,guys make silent comments.when you travel by bus,train..ladies who sit near by gave a strong look..its really paining friends..

We are strong mentally.but again and again,when you undergo all these things,at one point,was frustrated to the core.you are not a saint always to be a balanced girl.some time,we will out burst.you get angry.
    you dont want to go out.am not saying anything by wearing a blue glass.

Its really true.somany girls undergo such pain.Even in your work places, you have girls with the above problems.say your friends, not to make fun on these issues.dont give a weird look.see people in their eyes and talk.dont roll them out elsewhere.

Anyway,friends,being my first post in this forum,I have just written,whatever I feel in the heart at this moment.If anything is wrong,kindly dont mistake.you can say me.will change it.

And finally about the treatments,I have consulted two gyn doctors.
    It has been more than a year I guess, I stopped laser treatments.
    Very recently I gained sudden weight and hair growth is more.I have taken the blood tests for thyroid..again everything is within the limits.but periods become irregular (only now).doctor has given me tablets to reduce my weight and to regular the periods along with hair reduction.He has told, to take the tablet for 6 months,so that we can stop the future hair growth..
    but for the hair which is already there,you can go for cosmetic therapy..

means laser..so friends,I started my search for a good and honest treatment for REAL Doctors..who are doing laser treatment in chennai..

Search starts here..i dont know when this journey will come to an end!!:)

Wish me a happy and safe journey..mainly journey to the right destination.:thumbsup

If you have undergone any laser treatments and the results are good..then,please give me the doctor's name and address.I will pray that you should live long healthy and happily :):)

Friends,if you have problem like me,dont let your heart.Everything will be soon alright.As soon as you get up in the morning: say to you: "I'm the beautiful girl both at heart and physically" you will rock.

Have a fantastic day dear friends.

Write me your opinions and suggestions.Eager to see your replies.

Thankyou.

Your Good Friend,

Sanju.

Note:started to write in a normal way,when thought about those pains,i was sad.but good to share always.i am feeling little relieved and now happy too.Hey,dont forget to tell me a good doctor,if you have taken the treatment.

See you soon..:thumbsup

Last edited: Nov 13, 2009

2. shel_28

shel_28 Silver IL'ite

Hi Sanju,

Its so sad to hear about your past experience in laser removal. But it seems like that you had undergone the treatment in vain. Whatever the method we do for hair removal, will always result in hair re-growth may be after few weeks (creams), or months (waxing) or years (Laser hair removal). There is no permanent hair removal method available universally. This is an universal law I suppose. Few things may slow down hair growth.

Hair removal methods:
    • Creams - Veet, Anne French, Fem. They do their job well. In 2 or 3 weeks, again you'll see hair re-growth.
    • Waxing - Its great. Hair growth will be reduced after 4 - 5 times of waxing. But then, you'll find hair re-growth.
    • Laser hair removal - In this one hair is destroyed from the hair follicles. Hair follicles are the one which holds hair root. Like a pocket. Even this is not the permanent one. After 1 or 2 years, hair will re-grow.
    Now realise whether your search is worth or not. :hide: ( I apologise, if it hurts you)
    My kind advice and suggestion would be that dont go for laser hair removal. You'll be wasting your money, time and also your skin will lose its texture.
    If possible, just take a picture of your cheeks and chins (not your face). (You can take it in side angle) and post it here. Because I still remember one of our IL-ite did so and got good feedback and dropped the idea of hair removal.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2009
  3. chitrajaraika

chitrajaraika Platinum IL'ite

Dear Sanju:hide:

i read ur sad story.I too commit a big mistak thats Face waxing but after that only i know what a great mistake.FInally i decided whatever it is we have to accept it with full heart.i am fair but having facial hair but my cousins are black or wheatish but they wont have facial hairs.its all hormonal problm.

My beautician advised me u r fair but ur cousins are not like u.Hence dont compare u with others.All r having some merits and demerits.See ur merits and dnt waste ur time in ur demerits.After that only i dropped my demerits.

All girls are facing hairs on face.Just drop it out.Just go by natural ways or do threading in chin area.At present apply fresh alovera or u can use rose water too.

Dnt wory everything will be alright.Just dont distb ur skin for 3 months atleast by any hard ways after that do threading 15days once my dear friend if u want means otherwise leave as it is

Just drop the plan abt laser first and dont spoil ur skin like this.Just give a rest to ur skin first

Pls take care ur skin and dnt compare ur self with other.u think u r best than others.Dnt worry abt boys and their comments becos if they born as a girl they too have facial hairs like us.Jus leave it and concentrate on other works that u have usefully.:coffee

4. sanju11

sanju11 New IL'ite

Dear Shel and Soniya,

Thankyou for the valuable inputs.

And Shel,nothing to get hurt.Happy to read your replies for me.

Have a nice day.

Your Good Friend

Sanju.

5. shel_28

shel_28 Silver IL'ite

Dear Chitra,
    You did face waxing ah? :spin:spin
    Can you explain it in details?

6. chitrajaraika

Hi shel

Al my relations,cousin and friends said my facial hair becomes more and visble.Henc i did waxing on face all over.it was fine only but lightly in som place is rough like thats pori pori ya iruku.how to mak it soft Now.Not pain for me during waxing But i dont know whethr i commit mistak or not.My Full face is free from hairs now even skin is fair only but i in some places skin becoms rough lik becos there my hairs are thick thats y......

If u know means give me suggestion.Shall i keep ice cubes

7. shel_28

shel_28 Silver IL'ite

Hi Chitra,
    Never try waxing on your facial skin. If you get Palm tree fruit (nongu), apply the water. It 'll give a soothing effect to your skin. If you keep on waxing, your facial skin will loose its elasticity.

8. chitrajaraika

Thanks shel.wil it reduce the roughness

9. usr12

usr12 New IL'ite

Sanju ,

Sorry to hear about the bad exp that you had.. OK regarding facial hair removal I found a good method that is working fine for me.. I invested in a facial epilator (after following another thread on IL on epilators) Initially I had problems as I had a sensitive skin .. BUt now I am following the below steps and I am able to remove the hair easily with in 10-15 minutes. Here are the steps I follow

1. First clean Ur face thoroughly with wram water and pat it dry..

2. Once your skin is completely dry apply little talcum power and then use the epilator ..The hair will come off easily

3. Wash your face and apply a cold face clothe dipped in ice..Repeat this many times to aviod redness if U have sensitive skin..

Hope this helps,

10. shel_28

shel_28 Silver IL'ite

Hi chitra,
    No, It'll reduce the small minute rashes.