1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Large Blood Clots In Af

Discussion in 'Gynaecology' started by kalcandu, Feb 14, 2018.

1. kalcandu

kalcandu Silver IL'ite

Hello

Last 3 cycles i am facing issue of passing large blood clot during 2nd day. Sorry if i am being graphic and someone is offended by post. Please don't read further if you are not liking this.

Ya so i am very scared after seeing that blood clot thing only. It makes me queasy and wanting to cry. Can't share it with anyone in my family also because they will become anxious (which they already are as i am unsuccessfully ttc).

I visited doc last cycle itself and tsh levels were 4.58. Am already taking thyroid medicine. So she increased my dosage from 50 to 62.5mcg. Did ultrasound scan also... polycystic ovaries were found. Blood tested for haemoglobin.. Complete blood count.. it was normal..vit d and B12 deficiency found and on medication.

What could be the problem that i am having? Anybody had such experience, kindly share.

Could it be because i am always either sitting or lying down during AF? Could hypothyroid cause it? My periods were regular even when i was diagnosed with thyroid issue but were on the heavier side. Could polycystic ovaries cause this?

I just want to somehow get rid of this problem because it is affecting my normal life. Every month i dread the second day of my period. It is so horrible, ladies. Just don't want to be born woman anymore.:disrelieved:

GeetaKashyap likes this.

2. GeetaKashyap

GeetaKashyap IL Hall of Fame

@kalcandu

Will getting anxious solve any problems? Relax and let your gynecologist take care and monitor your system.

In lay terms, anticipating pregnancy, every womb builds its walls with a rich supply of blood. When the pregnancy doesn't happen, estrogen starts surging and progesterone ( the most essential harmone through out pregnancy) drops. When this happens the blood vessels supplying extra blood to the uterine lining are redundant and they dry up at the base. Now this built up uterine inner lining and the blood supply in it comes out as the clots(!) And menstrual flow respectively. Due to some harmonal imbalances for some this build up of the uterine lining is more n hence excess discharge along with the lining.(which in lay terms is clots. It is a misnomer.)

This happens in many normal women and in women with some gynec problems like cysts or fibroids.since you are being monitored, speak to your doctor and take treatment. Don't panic.:)

kalcandu likes this.
  3. kalcandu

kalcandu Silver IL'ite

You are right. I was getting freaked out, seeing the clot. I already had it 2 months back, visited doc, took tests, started medicine and thought this month things will be different. When it still happened, i broke down thinking my problem is still undiagnosed. I think i fear the unknown. Thanks for your kind response. I guess i have to face it, whatever it is.

GeetaKashyap likes this.