1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Language No Bar.

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by shivachoubey, Feb 5, 2010.

1. shivachoubey

shivachoubey IL Hall of Fame

Dearest Padma,

Thanx for reading the post. Its so kind of you to appreciate me. The circle of life is such that what we give is what we receive and I respect this circle.

Have a great day ahead.

2. vimala1957

vimala1957 Bronze IL'ite

Beautifully said. True, there is no bar of anything if we live as good human beings with love, care and respect for each other.
    What ever material things one enjoys , but the happiness and satisfaction one gets by helping anyone in need is infinite.
    I really wonder why people talk about regionalism and differences. Your experience is a good example of harmony and co-existance.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2010
  3. shivachoubey

Dear Vimla,

Thanx for reading the post. Yes when two people communicate language is no bar. The language of heart is common to all.

Have a great day ahead.

4. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

that was a LOVELY post shiva..i am so happy that you got the reward for your kind thoughts immediately..it makes me feel that everything is fine with this world:) but having seen only the rich side of the gulf countries this was really news to me..war victims loosing everything and asking for help..so well said, language absolutely not a bar to show a little kindness in thought and generosity in deed isnt it?

5. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Shiva

Nice write up. Give to the world the best you have and the best will come back to you. When we help someone , someone else will come for our help. That lady might have told u that she also does not have salt that time but it was nice of her to have given what she had to you. Its loving and giving that makes life worth living.

love
    viji

6. shivachoubey

Dear Mindian,

Thanx for reading the post and also for appreciating it. At that time UAE was supporting Palestine and many Palestinians had migrated to UAE. There were given basic support but many had to still ask for help. The best part about them were that whatever you give them even 1 coin they will show gratitude. Its sad that people who were living decent life in their own country had to start afresh in a new one.

I wish no one even not my worst enemy should see that day.

7. shivachoubey

Dear Viji,

Thanx for appreciation. Yes she must have said that in Arabic but all I saw was 1 tsp of slat (that was very narrow of me). Her gesture has now earned her one loving neighbor who no matter what always feels gratitude for her.

8. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Shiva
    A brilliant post that tugs at the heart!

A very affluent industrialist had to attend the funeral of his mentor who was indeed bigger than him. As he was watching the proceedings, the relatives of the dead man removed all the valuables from his body before it was consigned to the flame. Our industrialist became mentally very disturbed. He thought what was the use of spending the whole life chasing wealth when everything was taken away from us when it was time to go back whence we came, carrying none of the things in the pursuit of which we spent the whole life. When he returned to his place, he called all his staff and told them that he must find a way to carry all his wealth to the Heaven when he died. If he could not find a way to do it, he would close down all his business as he saw no point in pursuing it if he had to leave everything behind. His employees were shocked at this crazy condition. While they were breaking their heads to find a solution, a senior and pious employee came before the industrialist to announce that he could suggest a way.

He said that if we wished to go abroad, we converted our currency to what was legally acceptable in the other country. If we visited US, we changed it into dollars. Likewise, we also tried to learn the language of that country. After our death, we would go to that place where the only currency that would be accepted was “Punya” So the old employee advised the industrialist to convert all his wealth into Punya in order that he could continue to enjoy the benefit in Heaven too!

Likewise he informed him, that the language of love was universally understood and recognized even in the heavens.

When I read your wonderful post, I remembered this story. For someone of your age, it is heartening to see that you are able to inherit the values of life from such daily occurrences. God bless you!

Sri

9. shivachoubey

Dear Cheeniya Sir,

I am still recovering from a shock to get a comment on my post from a mastero like you. Thank you so much for reading and appreciating my post.

And what a beautiful story you told me, you threw a new light on this subject. I for one will now try to convert my wealth in the currency that works in kingdom of god.

Thank you so much.

10. vimala1957

vimala1957 Bronze IL'ite

After our death, we would go to that place where the only currency that would be accepted was “Punya” So the old employee advised the industrialist to convert all his wealth into Punya in order that he could continue to enjoy the benefit in Heaven too!

Hi Sri,

that is so beautifully and wisely explained in such a simple language. Great.