1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

Landscaping Advice Needed

Discussion in 'Home Decoration & Improvement' started by Jas82688, Jul 31, 2018.

1. Jas82688

Jas82688 Silver IL'ite

hello all,

I need your advice on some small landscaping project .. we have a home where the front yard is sloped .this Home having a side walk with metal frame and rocks filled. so the home inspector told us in future we may have soil erosion need to safe guard the foundation .. for that he suggested doing same thing on the other side of side walk where it’s slope n not level n muddy .. no grass nothing .

So we called several landscaping companies none are coming only 1 company came n gave a quotation for $1200 to level and put top soil of 1 yard and river rocks of 3 yards n a metal edging along the side walk ..

Am not sure if it’s a fair price for that work .. since we are not getting second opion we are not able to decide on it ..

Can you guys throw some inputs if you know anything like this ..

2. sanjuruby3

sanjuruby3 Platinum IL'ite

Why do not you try thumbtack?
    We also have highly sloped yard front back both and completely unusable. We checked thumbtack and online research and found out levelling is lot of work and it is always > 1000$.
    We were thinking doing it ourselves by ordering dirt online but i know that may not be great idea without professional help.
    Let me know what you decide that might help us also.