1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Lament Of A Wife

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by sunkan, Oct 4, 2007.

1. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

dear kamalji,
    i have no contact at all it is chitra whom u must contact, now they are family friends and she will know the latest news and how to get through to him..sunkan

2. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

dear kamalji,
    the title itself suggest it is a lament of a wife, now i dont think all would love such a situation, if some among u all, are still demanding can change their habits, and the others make note of if, i feel here a lot of them are still in the 30 and 40s so to get to the lament age is sometime more...sunkan

3. Anandchitra

Anandchitra IL Hall of Fame

hello ladies
    very intersting posts and equally charming discussions. i guess i am the lucky and fortunate lady as my day starts with bed coffee which my husband carries upstairs for me. if i come home late he will have dinner ready. and never stops prasing me in front of others. Sunkan's post has got everyone talking.

4. corallux

corallux Bronze IL'ite

Dear Sunkan,

Pls do not loose heart.....Menjust don't want to understand..let's be honest-they have been tuned that way

A woman is there to fulfil all their desires...That shloka reg the qualites of a good wife is proof enough that a woman cannot have her own Astitva (identity)
    I agree when you say it is wishful thinking...ask your hubby if he wants a younger woman who is more int in her personal development rather than "pati seva" or a person like you who has walked the hard road with him as a Sahadharmini....

Men have it easy Sunkan & let me tell you it is a problem a lady from India & any other country can associate herself with..

Chin up girl I know you can do it...B+..You will be fine....

5. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

i am chin up baby, i am single for the past 12 yrs...sunkan

6. sujathae

sujathae Senior IL'ite

Dear Mrs. Sunkan, It is not easy for a lady to share her husband even for the sake of sharing the household chores. who will agree to come only to share household chores? Everyone will have their own expectations and dreams abt life. How can we expect them to sacrifice everything and come for our sake. I feel it is foolish. It is in the hands of the lady to convince her husband to take care of the family until she is alright. Bringing in a new wife will never solve the problem. It will only increase the problem in multifolds. Instead a maid can be engaged temporarily to take care of the households. There are many families in which the husband takes care of the entire household when the wife is sick or temporarily disabled.

7. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

DEAR sujatha,
    like the title is was a lament, now many among us who are the mothers of our children, dont we fear of rejection from the outsider coming into the family, if i start a thread on a mother's lament then i know there will be plenty who say it is better to stay away or make ur child understand and so on, it is an outburst, which comes up with innovative ideas, to get a holiday from the day to day work for many many years together, neither can be change the husband nor the children we woman live through it..sunkan

8. pia123

pia123 New IL'ite

Sunkanji
    I hate to still differ from your views on this topic. I totally disagree with this wife in the story. Or may be as Kamalji has put it, it will be some time until we can see her perspective.
    But this story sure does teach a lesson (in my opinion), THAT WOMEN SHOULD PUT THEM IF NOT FIRST ATLEAST SOMEWHERE ON THE LIST OF HER AND EVERYONE'S PRIORITIES, COZ IF SHE DOES NOT THEN NO ONE WOULD.

regards
    pia

9. sujathae

sujathae Senior IL'ite

Dear Mrs. Sundari, Yes of course we live through it and we have to than allowing someone to take our place. With children, i feel it is different for eg. if the dil comes into the family, the mil can allow her to take her place and stand aside. But it is not the same in case of bringing a wife for the husband. The other wife as a human being she will have her own expectations, she would want to rise her own family, have kid etc. If that is the case where do we stand? Better to stay away from the trouble than to bring it near and keep crying trouble, trouble. (i remember an old saying in tamil not able to recollect the exact wordings).

10. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

i understand pia,
    because the only soul you can say its only yours is your spouse and the parents u share with siblings, the children with their families, so the only one left is your man, and if that becomes a kadwa to live with, where will you turn, so u need to be lucky, see when a man says the same lament people would say poor guy needs to have an understanding person after all, but the woman, is looked down upon, is it fair, we have to also give place for such ladies who are unable to cope with the situation, because men are demanding and this quality if could be changeable no lament any where...hai naa.. sunkan