1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Lament Of A Husband

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by sunkan, Oct 8, 2007.

1. priyauc

priyauc Bronze IL'ite

A thought provoking article. I think we should never handicap our husbands or children. They should not be so dependent on us that if we are not there or not well they cannot move or do a simple thing. Evn though my baby is small, i wish to teach him the simple things in life and make sure he knows a bit of everything, which will make him independant.

2. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

Dear priya,
    that is a very positive approach to this article, if we woman can change our tactics now, maybe we will have improvised men in future, who will benefit and help woman in distress..sunkan

3. Vysan

Vysan Gold IL'ite

Dear Sunkan,

Somewhere down the line i am lost between the two stories... In both the stories you have mentioned that the husband is demanding and cant manage without his wife... Part of it I couldnt accept it. May be it is because I am also a man... May be...

But the fact remains, that man can handle his own chores if required and will take care of his wifes requirements also... I have seen my father taking care of my mom for 3 years when she was bed ridden... and both me & my brother wer in oversees to meetr out the financial commitments for her treatment...

I have seen my fathers friend who had remained a bachelor through out his life and took care of himself even at 80+...

I would like to iterate that men are more emotionally dependent on the wife... As far as the wife is concerned after a point her interest move away from hubby to kids and their world revolves around them.... Men because of their emotional dependency when the wife falls sick... couldnt handle himself... They feel frustrated because they have not faced the situation and feels helpless .... It is also because he has shared his everything only with his wife and that is not the case with the wife... and when she is not there he finds it difficult to cope up with...

So it is his emotional need that makes him to.........

My personal opinion..

Veda

4. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

all u have said is true veda and thanku for endorsing my article, remember u also mention shanthi wont allow u into the kitchen as it is her domain, that is was is the problem of the man here, he needs his secretary to get all addresses and work force to be done, and in the house his wife been a dominant all along would take care all on her own, i have not mentioned here in detail as to how long he is away from her, once the last child was born which looked more out of wanting a baby, she used him well and then did all what i have mentioned here, so the poor guy is more lonely waits for death each day, fed up and laments a lot...so i am happy this article has brought out positive endorsement. Men actually cannot handle what u say is true, once when i was down with food poisoning and i was with my father in his guest house along with priya, but my father could not handle it, he had to wait till morning for the doctor and watching me writhing in pain he put a large towel over me and walked away...so this is life, however powerful and with contacts men can be, when it comes down right to emotional emergencies woman are able to handle these well...sunkan

5. kk_karthi2000

kk_karthi2000 Bronze IL'ite

Hi Sukanji,

Really a wonderful story tot provoking. Wonderfull love to read more ur articles. A good tot of life. Thanks a lot

Karthi

6. Lalitha Shivaguru

Lalitha Shivaguru Platinum IL'ite

Dear S,

A wonderful and thought provoking article. Gives an insight into men's thinking and needs. Maybe can learn a lesson to keep my DH happy.

Thanx for the same.

7. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

hai karthi,
    thanku for your appreciation here, this being a very old thread has got revived because of you..sunkan

8. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

yes lalitha,
    even i felt the same it is a true oneand many laments put together here are the points..sunkan

9. lakshmi05

lakshmi05 Silver IL'ite

Hi Sunkan,
    Really thought provoking.

Cheers,
    Lakshmi