ladies who had pcos before pregnancy, please read this thread.. need help!!

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by 6teenpearls, May 23, 2013.

1. 6teenpearls

6teenpearls Gold IL'ite

hello ladies,

i had pcos prior to my pregnancy, now i am almost 7 months pregnant.

i wanted to know that as it is difficult to lose weight when we have pcos already, was it more difficult to lose weight after pregnancy?

my doc says that pregnancy cures pcos, so does it mean that all the symptoms of pcos will finally vanish?

please guide..

2. Nadhiya57

Nadhiya57 New IL'ite

Hi, I had PCOs before pregnancy now my baby is 7 months. I have no problem in losing weight, i was 70kg during delivery and 50kg now and mine is csec not normal delivery. One suggestion to lose weight after delivery is breastfeed the baby atleast for 6 months and this will not make you loose your beauty. Dont worry about the weight now enjoy pregnancy and take care.

3. 6teenpearls

6teenpearls Gold IL'ite

sorry i posted this thread in an inappropriate forum, mods sorry for the inconvenience!

4. 6teenpearls

6teenpearls Gold IL'ite

thank you so much for your reply..

actually i am overweight since my childhood, and i wanted to lose weight desperately.. prior to pregnancy i started to lose weight quite fast, and till now i have not gained much weight so i hope i will be able to lose my weight..

dont worry i am NOT ruining myself just by thinking of weight loss.. if it happens i will be very happy, and if it takes time then also its okay..

i was just curious to know........

thnks again :)

5. JazzyJazz

JazzyJazz Silver IL'ite

6teenpearls - I think its all about our will and determination at the end of the day. My friend here who delivered only about 2 months back already looks like she is not the mother of the kid. ;-) She literally puts her LO in a sling, tied to herself and walks and walks and her LO loves to sleep when she walks so added advantage. :) Regarding the PCOS thing even I have heard that once you conceive the first time PCOS is no longer an issue but will still help us if we don't eat foods that causes instant increase in glucose level which is a strict no-no.

1 person likes this.
  6. skyinsc

skyinsc Silver IL'ite

JazzyJazz, I heard it is not advisable to do much exercise during breast feeding as it might reduce breast milk .But your friend started walking with in 2months of delivery ?! i hope that is ok

1 person likes this.
  7. 6teenpearls

6teenpearls Gold IL'ite

oh is it? thanks a lot for letting us know.. :)

8. skyinsc

skyinsc Silver IL'ite

Yes. Heard we should avoid strenuous workouts..but at the same time it is more easier to lose post pregnancy weight within first 1 year after delivery by walking.Guess we just have to find that right balance and lose weight:thumbsup

Last edited: Jun 2, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  9. 6teenpearls

6teenpearls Gold IL'ite

thanks a lot sky for sharing this important information, after all losing weight is not my priority but staying healthy definitely is...

god bless you!

10. sumanrathi

sumanrathi IL Hall of Fame

Tie your stomach with wide width cloth otherwise the bottom belly will be bulge, this was the olden days method.
    now a days you may get elastic hip band use this.