1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Ladies Problem

Discussion in 'Gynaecology' started by rs18, Jun 1, 2007.

1. padmaiyangar

padmaiyangar Bronze IL'ite

all my friends
    I want to share some points with you when i come across while reading book on gynaecology regarding Menstrual hygiene..

Menstrual Hygiene

we never feels completely comfortable during the period and it is the problem of dealing with the menstrual flow.

Technology offers sanitary pads, tampons or menstrual cups or caps to deal with the flow. we have to decide what suits the best.

Absorbent pads may be noticeable in form fitting clothes. They cause some soreness on the inner thighs.

Some prefer tampon to external pads. A plug of absorbent cotton or gauze is inserted inside. But these should not be left unchanged beyond six hours.

Some brands state that tampons left unchanged for more than 12-18 hours increases the possibility of toxic shock.

It is not clear what causes toxic shock. But there seems to be a link between tampons and Toxic Shock Syndrome (TSS). Approximately 1% of all menstruating women carry the bacteria in question (Staphylococcus aureus) in their vagina.

Absorbent tampons provide the medium for them to grow and spread infection.

TSS cases were first reported in 1978. It is marked by high fever, severe vomiting and diarrhoea.

The menstrual cup (or cap), is inserted within and collects the flow and can be emptied, cleaned and re used.

Whatever the preference, washing is important.

There no taboo about bath on these days.

Some people have the problem of odour during menstruation. Cleanliness and change of pad/tampon as often as is necessary reduces this problem.

It is not advisable to use perfumed pads or tampons.

In fact, using powder in the genital area is not recommended.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2007
  2. mythili

mythili Senior IL'ite

This is utter nonsense, nothing else. Girls, please don't believe this.

In my state of Kerala, women(and men) take hair bath every single day (unless one is down with a fever or so) and this has been happening for many many generations.

There is no distiction between hair bath and body bath - bath happens every day and that includes the whole body.
    (it was a culture shock for me when I first went to Bangalore!)

Just imagine what would have happened if this theory was true!

3. priyasuresh11

priyasuresh11 Senior IL'ite

Hi,

So far I didn't hear about this.

But I guess during menstruation our body will be hot than our normal days.
    That was produced naturally.When we are trying to cool it by washing our hair it is against nature.So that it leads to ovary contraction and on I guess.
    Sorry buddies If I'm wrong.:)

4. Mullapudi

Mullapudi Junior IL'ite

hey that was a very gud piece of info.
    thnx for sharing.