1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Ladies pls help me . im really looking forward for replies.. its urgent

Discussion in 'H4 Indian Ladies' started by priynwada, Jul 4, 2014.

1. priynwada

priynwada Senior IL'ite

Hi alll of you who are reading my post.
    i live in bay area and i want to do m.s in c.s. I completed B.e from india.

So i applied here at NWpoly fremont,as a "local" candidate for fall 2014. I forgot that i am in international students category. I submitted all the documents and when i asked about I20 then they said me we will give it to you in second to forth week of september.

That means it will take december for my F1 if i apply from usa.. Is it advisable to go to India get it stamped?

Without internship can't i get any job here? I am getting tensed. Do i have to maintain F1 status for 9months? Are there any winter internships? What are my future chances if i get F1 in this december? Have i lost it? My husband is very angry on me right now. Because i can't get any job. And he thinks im the weight that he carries.
    Im really depressed. pls help and support me.

2. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

leave about u studying for a bit..

what does your husband mean when he thinks" you are the weight he carries?"
    what kind of a thinking is that?You are is wife.His better half.He should be treating u with regard despite what u do.You are not a money machine.

You need to study and work because you like it and not coz he wants you to.He has no reason to be angry with u.He infact,should be supporting you.

You need to tell him that he has give emotional support and the world is not going to come to an end if u cannot study or work for more time.

3 people like this.
  3. Weasly

Weasly Gold IL'ite

Please meet with the DSO (Designated School officer) and clear this matter out ! They can suggest you best as to how you should proceed! And make this clear to them that you want CPT/OPT after your course!!! They will tell you about the requirements that will help you qualify for CPT/OPT. Arrange a meeting with them immediately. And take your husband with you as he would be present in that meeting and then cant blame you that you dint take the necessary steps !

4. Sue111

Sue111 New IL'ite

Hi,
    I am responding very late, but if your suituation has not improved and hopefully it might help.
    I dont understand what you mean by going to india for stamping? If you get the admission in some university and have all the documents supporting it, you can apply for F1 and start your masters course. You can also contact the international students office too and get more information about it. They are the best people who can give you the latest information.
    About your job, if you find someone who is willing to sponser you, you can try.
    There is no point in getting depressed as it will not help you in any way.

Hopefully it helps :)