ladies Opportunities in Qatar

Discussion in 'Indians in Qatar' started by riena84, Sep 17, 2013.

1. riena84

riena84 New IL'ite

Dear Ladies,
    i would like to know opinions for lady who wish to work in gulf (Qatar).
    As i have few years experience in corporate training coordination such as public and in house training and my husband is uneducated with no formal education. I am currently having 2 kids. 1 - 3+ years old and 1 just born.
    Is there any chance for a lady to work in abroad with 2 kids and sponsor husband as well. At least he could be house husband or he work under wife's visa and send 2 kids to day care or baby sitting. How can i expect things in Qatar?

2. Shylajasanthosh

Shylajasanthosh Silver IL'ite

Hi,

I wish I could say something positive, but its not the case here.
    Doha is not a plan for a training person. They have not evolved too much in this field.

And if you do not have any experience in gulf, all your experience elsewhere is not given too much importance. It is difficult if u r the only bread earner and with 2 kids, as the pay may not be enuf to support all of you.

3. riena84

riena84 New IL'ite

thanks for your reply. I do not have middle east experience but I worked in Malaysia for 4 years in corporate training coordination. as you said if i am the only earner, I guess its very hard to survive too and what about baby sitting services. I am just in first stage thinking, not even decide or fix yet.

4. Shylajasanthosh

Shylajasanthosh Silver IL'ite

u hav full time maids who will take care of kids and all the work at house. Their salary would be 1200-1500 riyals per month, plus you will have to pay initial charges for their to and fro tickets, visa etc. You also have maid services for particular number of hours.
    These might be the rough cost per month to stay here:
    rent- 3000 QR
    Electricity and water- 250QR
    Grocery- atleast 400-500 QR
    Miscellaneous- 1000 QR(Including transportation)
    If the kid goes to school theres additional for that. not sure of the fees.

So before you take a call. please check how much the company is willing to pay.

1 person likes this.