1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Ladies in sarees photos - help with a project

Discussion in 'Clothing & Apparels' started by Kosjenka, May 9, 2010.

1. Kosjenka

Kosjenka New IL'ite

Dear all, ok, this is the third time I'm writing this post and it will be the shortest one (it took me a while to find out that I cannot post any links :)).

I'm not an Indian, but I hope I can ask you all for your help and contribution to my project.
    I work for the Lotos Association for promoting Indian Culture in Croatia, Europe and am organizing an exhibition on sarees (differenty types and different ways of wearing sarees). You can check our website by googling out this word udrugalotos.
    The project is under the auspices of Croatian UNESCO.

I would like to include a whole range of photos of Indian ladies in sarees doing their chores, attending religious ceremonies and different functions, etc., especially if wearing sarees in some special manner like Kerala mundu or madisar or some other.
    I have some i took when visiting India, but would like lots and lots of them.

So if you are wiling to share with me your personal and/or your family photos of ladies in sarees, the older the better, please contact me through personal message.

Thank you!

2. raagini

raagini Silver IL'ite

^ let me inform that [thread=72231]personal messaging is a paid system[/thread] here and contact details should not be posted
    on forums . although your project appears to be interesting , it can not be a volunteer work as you need
    professional photographers services across different parts of India ‼

3. shantisubra

shantisubra Gold IL'ite

Hi Kosjenka

I am so impressed with your interest in our culture, festivals, attires, rituals, epics and customs.

I saw your website and I am delighted to read that you have covered so many things including our great epics Ramayana and Mahabharatha. You have made we, Indians very proud to own such a rich culture.

Due to forum restrictions sorry for not being able to help you in this. My fav. star is former great Goran Ivanisevic of Croatia in the ATP circle.

Wish you good luck.

Best Rgds
    Shanti

Last edited: May 9, 2010
  4. Kosjenka

Kosjenka New IL'ite

sorry, I didn't know about these restrictions.

I do not require services of professional photographers, but private (home) photos already on user's computers if they have any to share.

Anyway, thank you, wish us luck!

5. Kosjenka

Kosjenka New IL'ite

Dear Shanti, thank you for your comment.
    It surprises me every time how many Indians know about Ivanisevic!

Even when I went for Char Dham Yatra to Badrinath even there people remembered him whenever I would mention that I was from Croatia.
    He must have very good karma :)

Love,
    K