Ladies from South Africa - Introduce yourselves here!

Discussion in 'Africa & Middle East - Other Areas' started by Induslady, Oct 29, 2006.

1. SUBASRI

SUBASRI New IL'ite

Indus ladies in Cape Town

Hi

Warm hi as experiencing Cape Town winter for the first time.

How about other Cape Town indus ladies ? Any one to share their experience ?

Cheers
    Suba

2. darne.chitra

darne.chitra New IL'ite

i m chitra darne.my husband has been recently transferredto cape town .i would really like to know about cape town .one hears that i t is a very beautiful place but not safe.i have a 5yr old son studying in a cbse school in mumbai .so i m also worried about his schooling.PLEASE help

3. Neesha

Neesha Senior IL'ite

Hi Suba

It's cold here in Pietermaritzburg too but I'm sure not as bad as Cape. I heard that you'll are experiencing quite cold weather and the cold front is on it's way to Natal. 7 years ago I was in Cape Town for my honeymoon. Got married on 3 June 2001. I know the weather was quite nice then but by July it was extremely cold and rainy.
    The good thing about the unusually cold weather in Cape and Natal is that 'sardines have landed'!

Dear Chitra

Don't worry. Cape Town is a beautiful place. Where is it safe? You just have to be careful and pray. There are 3 lovely ladies from Cape on this site and if they don't see this post then send them a private message. They will be able to tell you which are the better areas to stay, send your child to school etc.
    Don't stress, pack your spices and come. Feel free to ask specifics details from us.

Regards Neesha

4. darne.chitra

darne.chitra New IL'ite

neesha thank i for u r prompt rely.u see my husband will be working at the waterfront area.preferably i would like to rent an house at camps bay or rondeboch or cliremount but i would like to know more about these places.i checked out the fees of the international schools but they are too much .the private schools seem to be affordable .l
    1.Suggest which place should we find an house in ?i would like tthe school to be in the vicinty at the same time my husband should not find it difficult to travel
    2.is R6500 a decent amount to look after the monthly expenses
    3.is racism there even in schools.
    it would really hepl if u repy

5. Neesha

Neesha Senior IL'ite

Hi Chitra

I'm not from Cape but from Kwazulu Natal, another province (state). Send a private message to "subasri" and "queenathome". They are from Cape and will be able to help you with more detail in terms of areas and schools. The cost of living in Cape and Gauteng is much higher than KZN but I think R6500 is a decent amount. I think it would exclude your son's school fees if he's going to a private school. This year has been a shocker in terms of rising food and fuel prices but I think it's a worldwide trend.
    If you are going to send your son to a private scholl there shouldn't be racism but be firm if you are unhappy with something and approach the school authorities.

Regards Neesha

6. SUBASRI

SUBASRI New IL'ite

Hi Chitra

Welcome to Cape Town. Safety is not a serious issue if you are careful.

As your husband will be working in Waterfront area, i think it'll be costly if you look in accomodation nearby . There are other secured places like Boston, Belville which are just within half an hour driving distance from waterfront.

As Neesha said rising fuel and food prices is a really a concern but it's not only for Cape Town.

Private schools are here , but i've no idea of fee and other racism issues. Remember to bring your winter clothings and spices.

Please do not hesitate to write for further queries.

Cheers
    Suba

7. solonacea

solonacea New IL'ite

Anyone in south Africa - in Ethopia, South Sudan?

Hi all,

is anyone in south africa ??? actually my husband is going on a tour in ethopia , south Sudan.

M bit concern abt dat place .is it safe??? and Indians are there ?? n we get indian stuff easily there??

PLs do rply .

Thnks in advance

Gunjan

8. solonacea

solonacea New IL'ite

Hi all,

anyone from sudan????

or south africa?????

do mgs............

Gunjan

9. Farzana

Farzana New IL'ite

Hi Chitra

Firstly, Welcome to South Africa

I am formerly from Durban - now I am live in Johannesburg.

Weather is Durban is humid and hot - whereas in Johannesburg it is quite chilly and in winter - it is really brrrrrrrrrrrrrrr..................

As for Cape Town - I have not been there so I cannot really comment.

I have a 5 year old son who is in private school in Johannesburg - Private school prices are exorbitant - you are looking in the region of approximately R12000 per annum. Also, depends on the culture of the school.

You can hear everybody squealing and complaining about the prices of the bare necessities recently - I am optimistic though and keep on praying and sending angel light to our economic situation.

Be positive and confident, irrespective of what life hands you - take everything in your own stride and learn a lesson from it because I believe if it was not meant to be - it will NEVER be.

Hope you enjoy your stay here. Should you wish to chat - drop me a line.

FARZANA

10. darne.chitra

darne.chitra New IL'ite

:hiyaHi,Neesha,Subasri,Farzana,
    Thanks for your prompt reply.I am quite excited to come to SA.My husband is in SA now he liked the place but he is facing problems in getting a apartment in Newland.
    Can you help me in this regard?.Till now he got only a villa which is expensive.Awaiting your replies and thanks in advance!

Chitra