Ladies from South Africa - Introduce yourselves here!

Discussion in 'Africa & Middle East - Other Areas' started by Induslady, Oct 29, 2006.

1. queenathome

queenathome New IL'ite

I am from Tongaat, Family is still there well not counting the majority that have moved to joburg. :tongue
    Yes no doubts it is a beautiful town. I am at the waterfront.
    We have a few friends that are also living in Parklands.
    No kids..what about u guys.

2. Verusha

Verusha New IL'ite

Yikes, you must have hectic traffic to get to work..

Does your husband also work in town?

no kids yet.. we actually in process of looking for house first.. We live in a flat at moment.. hate housing hunting :icon_frown: - saw one yesterday & Have a few appts over the weekend..

I can understand the Jhb thing - half my cousins are also up there.. Including my older sister..

3. queenathome

queenathome New IL'ite

I work shifts, so this week is the annoying shift cos I have to sit in traffic. Next week is okay. Hubby works at the harbour but also shifts so he never gets traffic..:-D
    Where about are u house hunting.. I know..its exciting and its tiring. whose your agent. Is your hubby also in Belville.

4. Verusha

Verusha New IL'ite

I guess its ok then.. What shifts do you have to work tho?

my hubby runs his own business - so he has an office at home.. :)

Just started looking - so looking around Blouberg, Flamingo Vlei & parts of Tableview. We looking on property24.co.za & calling for whichever looks interesting, so no specific agents just yet...

I'll send you a private message with my Email so that we do not have too much personal details floating openly in cyberspace.... :shhh:

5. anamica1232003

anamica1232003 New IL'ite

Hi,

I am currently in Chennai and one of my friends has got a job in sudan.how safe is sudan fro Indians?How long does it take to get a visa to sudan from chennai,India?
    Thanks

6. Farzana

Farzana New IL'ite

I was born and brought up in South Africa. I am very very Indian at heart. I treasure my culture and am a proud Indian in South Africa.

I am in Johannesburg - currently from Durban

Is there anybody out there - just scream. MWAH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:hiya

7. Neesha

Neesha Senior IL'ite

Hi Farzana

Welcome to IL.

I'm in PMBurg but born in Durban. I also love Indian culture and am amazed to communicate with 'real' Indians.
    I'm also married with a 51/2 yr old son and 14 month old daughter. You can read my profile and posts to know more about me.

How regularly do you do yoga? I also like yoga but have been doing it intermittently.

Keep posting
    Neesha

8. queenathome

queenathome New IL'ite

HI Ladies

Nice to see more SA's here..For awhile it was just Verusha and I talking..I am also from kzn currently living in Cpt now.

9. queenathome

queenathome New IL'ite

HI Ladies

Nice to see more SA's here..For awhile it was just Verusha and I talking..I am also from kzn currently living in Cpt now.

10. Neesha

Neesha Senior IL'ite

Hi Queen at home and Verusha

I did see your posts and then for a while you'll been quiet so I wasn't sure if you'll were still here!! It seems you'll live near each other. Did you meet?

Isn't it exciting communicating with 'real' Indian people. Sometimes there's so much I want to ask but I kinda get lost as to where to post it. Then I get so busy I don't have a chance to participate.

How's Cape town? How often do you come to KZN?

Do you know where your great grandparents came from? I posted something on indentured Indians and people were shocked. They didn't know we are 4th and 5th generation Indians.

Keep in touch
    Neesha