Ladies from North India??

Discussion in 'Indians in Sydney' started by keku9999in, May 30, 2012.

1. cutemonster

cutemonster Platinum IL'ite

Deleted , not relevent

2. blessbabydust

blessbabydust IL Hall of Fame

Hi bhag nice to know that you also experience the same like me ... i thought may be iam the expecting monster n been sensitive but not the case though ... glad and happy .

dont worry dear i believe you can post 10 and we can exchange the pm . Also register your interest for Big il meet in march month .

3. sbonigala

sbonigala Platinum IL'ite

Hi folks,
    As i have already told bbd abt our move to sydney.. i would be in sydney sometime in another 3-4 mnths.
    and it feels so relieved to know that there are people from IL, who are open for friendship.
    My DH would be travelling soon. He is in IT industry . Once he settles down I shall move with kids. Hope he settles down there soon so that i can join him sooner. :)

Bestest Regards,
    shalu

4. ansz5

ansz5 New IL'ite

Hi girls,

I am amother of 2.5 year old boy...we are living in Sydney Olympic Park, migrated to Australia in Apr this year. Hope to make friends :) through IL.

Cheers !!

5. blessbabydust

Hi shalu and ansz5 welcome to this forum hope you girls keep this forum active and bundle up for friendship ............. let me know if you need any help

6. sbonigala

Thanks a ton BBD.. i need help bigtime.. in deciding when to move to Sydney.. the plan is initially my DH wud move, search for a job and settle down and then we wud join him there.
    He is a technical lead with an IT gaint in India and works on .net platform. Can you pls tell me how are the job prospects for his profile?
    Also, what suburbs are good, what are the approximate rents for a family of 4 - me, DH, and our kids (6 and 2 years olds)
    What are the things that need to be carried from here to sydney, he is aiming to land in SYD by early July.
    What kind of food we get there..?

i know am asking too many questions, but since he wud stay there alone, me n my in-laws a re a bit worried abt his stay and food there. I know he is quite big a man now and these are petty things to worry about, but u know that female tension !!! :)

7. blessbabydust

Shalu

Happy to help with the move of migrants because i know their pain and issues accompanied with it .

The job prospect here is bit slow down because of the world wide recession .... Initial settlement into the job will be within 6 -8 months but also stating that iam talking about the average time to get job here some even get jobs immediatedly purely on their luck too ...... so atleast be prepared to be monetarily backed up for 5-6 months when you land at sydney . As this will not be creating any hassle and you got another 2 months to save up the penny towards it .

If you are husband is only going to come alone he can look for sharing accomodation that will save some money . Here suburbs are good for indians are Parramatta,westmead,wentworthville, homebush , pendle hill,toongabbie,blacktown,rooty hills,mt druitt (Cheap and affordable) .

The average rent for an apartment is around 290-350 pw for decent place to live ( 2 bedroom) but to be wise your hubby can do share accomodation and then he can move into apartments once settled . At this stage he doesnt require any seperate place unlesss he is too specific of his privacy.

since he is moving alone may be buy some readymade rice mix powder to be consumed and basic utensils (one kadai , plate n cup set ,spoons and laddles , one saucepan ) .

Since he is coming in july it is a peak winter so need good winter gear ( jackets , beanie, gloves ,warm dresses ) and business suits ( 2X) .

Bring a laptop so he can buy prepaid broadband wifi card for internet and he can also buy mobile sim cards at airport .

In telling those you need as bachelor average of 2000-3000 australian dollar (without sharing )

with sharing it will be around 1200-1900 Aus$

Indian grocery shops are there mentioned in the above suburbs but it is better to purchase some branded items from india then compared to australia .......in saying that dont prepare any homemade stuffs because of the strict quarantine rules .

Good luck hope i have been some kind of help to you guys .....let me know if you need any further information

8. Bhag1989

Bhag1989 New IL'ite

Hello shalu,

advanced welcome to sydney.. BBD has written tons of information.. very kind of her.. i have also moved to sydney one yr back, looking out to socialize.. i am 25 yrs old and my husband 30.. we dont have kids though.. but we r glad to socialize with families... we stay in blacktown...

when you arrive here we can definitely get in touch.. and happy to build friendship wit you...

9. sbonigala

Hi Bhag,
    Thanks a ton :)

I have been telling my DH abt my sydney friends, ;)
    At any codt i wud be there in Sydney before this year end.. becos DDs schooling wud start off in Jan (thats the info we got from the internet). We are still thinking of the suburbs to live in. DH wud fly to sydney in the next month, the sooner he settles, the sooner we come there :)

10. blessbabydust

thanks bhag i am glad it is useful for someone .... :)iam also in blacktown area