1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Ladies beware!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by dilens mom, Jan 15, 2009.

1. dilens mom

dilens mom Senior IL'ite

Hi all,
    Are you guys shocked to see the title.
    Here is the incident.
    When I was in Mumbai Mulund. I worked as a R&D engr,
    From my office they selected me to attend a training, its in Lower parel. So I have to take two trains,
    Its an one month training so the guys from different company are familiar to each other.
    One day I was waiting for the train one of the guy from our team , he was also waiting for the train . He is a middle aged man . he stared at me in a different way, I was confused and smiled at him, after that he asked me to come and stand near to him. I did blindly without knowing the reason. Within few minutes train came and we went home.
    Throughout the night I was thinking why he starred at me and why he asked me to move from that place where I was.
    Next day I prepared to ask why.
    During the lunch I saw him and I asked him “ If you don’t mind can u ask you why you asked me to move from that place where I was standing yesterday”
    He said “you were standing near to a male prostitute”
    I was stunned and my hands started shivering. He asked me to sit and gave me water.
    I asked him “how can I identify those guys” he answered me “those guys wear a red scarf around their collar ,that is their identification”
    Nowadays I am seeing only men collar . So guys be aware of your surroundings.
    He gave me lot of tips to identify prostitutes . If a girl is well dressed and without sandals means she is one among them , in south side the wear colorful flowers .
    Hope this is informative . If anyone know about this please update our friends in il.
    Bye for the moment.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 15, 2009

2. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Hello dilens mom,
    Your statement
    in the south side the girls wear flowers
    sounds a very "genaralised" statement!
    In southern cities, wearing flowers is a daily routine for women of all ages, caste, religion, no bar.
    I want to bring this to your kind attention.
    Regards,
    Chithra.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2009
  3. ojaantrik

ojaantrik IL Hall of Fame

Scary post alright. But I do agree with Chivish that it is very hard to generalize. You need to keep your eyes open and then experience will teach you whom to avoid. Even people without red collars could fall into the dreaded category. Once, in my youth, I was accosted by a respectable middle aged person. He turned out to be a homosexual and it was God's mercy that saved me.

oj

4. Jpatma

Jpatma Silver IL'ite

Hi dilensmom,
    Iam sure encountering such incidents do gives a jolt. May be a red collar is their lingo for a male prostitute, but how sure can we be. There may be an innocent guy who unknowingly wear red collar. This lingo applies to female too.Benefit of doubt shd be given to all.Do not get disturbed by these incidents.
    Jaya

5. dilens mom

dilens mom Senior IL'ite

Hi chit vish mam,
    thanks for your response.
    I agree with your words, but i said colourful flowers. in lavender colour or yellow colour.
    bye for the moment.

6. dilens mom

dilens mom Senior IL'ite

Hi oj mam,
    thanks for your reply.
    bye for the moment.

7. dilens mom

dilens mom Senior IL'ite

Hi jaya mam,
    well said ,
    thanks for your reply.
    bye for the moment.

8. jsrivenkat

jsrivenkat Silver IL'ite

Hello,
    Not to rake up a issue, all the cities have their points.Prostitutes-male or female unless they disturb the peace of a individual is best ignored.In mumbai[15yrs here]i have found people too busy to be bothered by these things.I did have a experience of travelling by the local to reach Dadar to receive my Dad-Chennai Exp.Since he doesnt know hindi it was my duty to be there before the train arrived.It was the crowd in the ladies,young girls dropped by their Pimps who occupied the major space.Its a free country.I feel at least they are open about their work,what about those so called Decently dressed guys who oogle at the fairer sex/physical contact in crowded buses and trains?.Issues are there in the open we must maintain the safety......Mumbai is a nice city.Do come you will like the ever busy,the city that doesnt sleep.