1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Would you like to join the IL team? See open jobs!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Liked anything that you read here? You may nominate it as the Finest Posts!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. What can you teach someone online? Tell us here!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. If someone taught you via skype, what would you want to learn? Tell us here!
    Dismiss Notice

Lactogen

Discussion in 'Breast Feeding' started by preethasnaidu, Apr 12, 2010.

1. preethasnaidu

preethasnaidu New IL'ite

Hi,

My daughter is 6 months old. So long, she was on breastmilk and I wanted to introduce her to lactogen and cerelac.

I tried lactogen thrice but she vomited everytime I gave her Lactogen. Then I tried half tsp cerelac and she vomited that also.

Please advise. Is she Loctose intolerant?

Rgds/Preetha

2. enlightened

enlightened Bronze IL'ite

Preetha,
    Lactogen is pretty hard for babies to digest and its not an advisable progression from BM.You could try NAN 1 as its easier to digest, thats what i have heard.BTW, since my LO was on lactogen from very beginning, he dint really have any adjustment issues...

Deepa.

3. sumividya

sumividya Bronze IL'ite

yes , i agree with deepa, even my DD was on lactogen from the beginning so she had no issues with lactogen & i also introduced her with cerelac , 2 days before & she liked it .,
    since ur baby was on BM , he may find it difficult to change ,u try some other product like nan , as deepa suggested. which ever ur baby is comfortable with..