1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Lack of Hygeine

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by DKI, Sep 16, 2014.

1. Reesha

Reesha Silver IL'ite

two options are there;

1. while taking dinner start like a chit chat with your hubby about your doctor friend 's MIL habits & your friend feeling towards it & how it is unhealthy for family so on.....hear

your friend= you
    friends MIL=your's MIL

2. prepare article of your own & take out printout like a news paper or online article about your MIL habits dos & don'ts. just read to DH about that in front of MIL.

1 person likes this.
  2. JigsSM

JigsSM Silver IL'ite

:eek:mg: i cannot handle this kind of things in my home. Few things happened with my MIL as well and i ignored few times but later on i had guts and told her upfront. I think when we are staying together this things should be taken care of. It looks so yucks. I really cannot imagine your situation how you have handled it. If i would had been there i would had directly told at same time. :bang

3. DKI

DKI Platinum IL'ite

Parvathi,

I am Indian. I have no issues with anybody eating with hand. What I have issues with is eating with your hand and then touching the food that is for EVERYBODY with your dirty hand. I doubt anybody will tolerate that.

1 person likes this.
  4. DKI

DKI Platinum IL'ite

Shina,

As it is I always say that when in-laws visit the only advantage is that I manage to lose weight more easily. But the main reason for that in the past is that neither of them liked to see me sit down.

As for meals sans rice - I WOULD LOVE THAT!!!- but they are both rice eaters. And no matter what I make, rice has to be there...even if DH, DS, and I just want sandwiches, rice has to be there.

5. DKI

DKI Platinum IL'ite

Subtlety never works with her. She has what I call selective understanding. And for the next few weeks, I will do ANYTHING to avoid any kind of drama.

6. DKI

DKI Platinum IL'ite

I am at least glad that my FIL is the opposite. He keeps everything super clean and is extremely hygeinic. So have to only deal with one and not two.

7. DKI

DKI Platinum IL'ite

Thanks for your ideas though!

8. hrastro

hrastro Platinum IL'ite

DK1
    One of my SILs does the same :)

Thankfully I always had the habit of the small curd box for the next day curd - so I always have backup for the curd!!!

And I tell her to relax or go for a walk or talk with my son, and I'll make the buttermilk for you :)

And I am always the dutiful SIL - I smilingly serve the food for her, I keep everything on the plate, I ask her what she wants next !!!

And if by chance, I miss and she manages to "defile" something, I ensure that I remove that item into a separate dabba and serve it back only to her :)

And luckily - her rice is separate - so I keep a separate vessel in cooker - and she handles it as she likes - and keeps leftovers as she likes!!

If I have to go out, I keep the dal/curry/sabji/rasam etc in different cups separately for her, and keep the rest inside the fridge and say - see I've served for you, I have to go out, please have lunch at the right time - you're diabetic na!!!

I definitely wash the sheets, check the window sills, behind curtains after she leaves (there'll be food items sometimes!)

PS - I'm not always sweet - sometimes I do speak up - hopefully it is when DH is there, so he takes it up and continues

Or else I have to tell jokes and do lot of buttering and surprise gifting to make her smile :) .. In other matters, she's a helpful lady and I do have a good relationship with her - so this is the "adjustment" I do to keep peace :)

I do make lot of pasta and pizza and paneer items and fried rice for me and my son when she's here !! She cant eat them and Brother and sister can enjoy rice and do what they want and DS and my food is safe

1 person likes this.
  9. DKI

DKI Platinum IL'ite

I think I replied to somebody else with similar suggestions...but here goes :)

And to your question of how many days - less than 50.

10. DKI

DKI Platinum IL'ite

Believe me...I enjoy watching those food network shows because I like to learn new techniques and it gives me lots of ideas on how to make different dishes (I substitute all the meat and eggs with vege stuff ). BUT - I would never be able to eat any of the stuff they make even if it was pure veg for this exact reason.

As somebody mentioned earlier - no clue what happens in a restaurant - but then what I don't know will not hurt me.

Same way, my MIL probably has been doing this all the time, but its because I saw it that now I cannot digest it.