La Chatelaine Residential School

Discussion in 'Schools/Playschools/Daycares' started by teju, Jan 31, 2008.

1. Priyaalagu

Priyaalagu Silver IL'ite

hey all whats Aschool:bonk...........i might sound a little dump but saw u all discusing on Aschool so eager to which s that school...........

2. manjulats

manjulats Silver IL'ite

Arthi,

No I didn't get the application form from PSBB.It looks like it will take sometime for me to come over to India.So If I get the application and call for interview comes up ,we have to postpone the interview,so didn't get it there.Probably we will select Lachatelaine if the call comes up and ask them to consider and join her there currently and then settle down and shift her to some other school if not satisfied.

Priya,

Aschool is a branch of Chettinad,which was started last year in Annanagar ,Velachery,Tiruvanmayur ,Ashok nagar as arthi mentioned.Have you looked at this thread?

http://www.indusladies.com/forums/schools/51083-a-school-chettinad-groups.html

Last edited: Dec 23, 2009
  3. Priyaalagu

Priyaalagu Silver IL'ite

oops..i missed this thread. will look to it . thx manjulats.

4. HariSriPriya

HariSriPriya Senior IL'ite

Hi Ladies!

I could see so much demand for this school(went thru the thread abt getting appln forms in oct).. I hv also visited school website and abt their teaching methodology.. Here is my question for u ALL pls answer:confused2:

This school teaches for std 1-5 as "computer based learning"... 100% no text books till std5. WHEN OUR KIDS ARE MADE TO SIT ON COMPUTERS FOR 5-6 HRS DAILY DONT U THINK THEY MAY ENDUP WITH VISION PBMS...:idea
    SORRY i am not trying to post anything -ve abt the school... just curious to know how u all feel , and if my understaning is incorrect i wish to correct myself abt their mode of teaching.

Regards
    priya

5. arthidiva

arthidiva Silver IL'ite

I am not really sure Priya.. They say it is not directly on computer but on projector I think.. I have lot of questions on this way of teaching but no answers so I put this on the second priority on my school list.

I dont like the idea of not having books until 5th std. because their love for books should be encouraged in the early age and if kids have no books at school for 5 full years, it is going to be difficult when they are in 6th std and asked to learn from books.. apart from portions being more from 6th std, if the method of learning is also going to change, then I can see kids being easily staggered. It will be too much of a change for them after 5 yrs of easy learning. This is JMO.

6. Lalitha venkate

Lalitha venkate Senior IL'ite

hi all moms of la chateline school

i had some very bad experience on this school last week, i dont know whether to discuss abt that in the public forum,

but parents who r interested to get admission in the school do think twice abt it

7. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

lalitha,

you can definitely give the gist of this in the schools in chennai without taking the name of the school. but, i am also interested in hearing about these things. it is definitely the need of the hour.

the reasons.. i will talk about it in the schools in chennai thread in a day. i will not disclose the school names, but they are supposed to be the leading schools, and when i get to know about things happening, i get the heebee jeebies as my DD would say.

8. Lalitha venkate

Lalitha venkate Senior IL'ite

thanx shanvy

i will pm abt this to u,

9. manjulats

manjulats Silver IL'ite

Lalitha,

I would like to hear your experience,Since I was thinking of put my DD temporarily there if i don't get anywhere.

10. manjulats

manjulats Silver IL'ite

Anyone who applied,did they receive any call/letter from Lachatline.I haven't got any.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2010