La Chatelaine Residential School

Discussion in 'Schools/Playschools/Daycares' started by teju, Jan 31, 2008.

1. Venma

Venma New IL'ite

La Chatelaine Residential School Rating

LKG Admission near Saligramam, Vadapalani, Ashok Nagar, Anna Nagar, Kodambakkam,
    <HR style="COLOR: #ffffff; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE=1>Hello Friends,

**** LKG Admission Query, ****
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    We are recently relocated to Chennai. My son is 3.5 now: DOB: 04<SUP>th</SUP> May 2006, currently attending nursery at Euro Kids.

We are put up near Ambika Empire, 100 Ft road, Vadapalani.

I’m really confused about school admission in Chennai, when few schools issue application other schools completes admission, real dilemma to choose school. My job is transferable and I will be in Chennai for max 2 years.

Please provide rating some of the schools mentioned below, good infrastructure in school is important to me.

• <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:place w:st="on"><st1:placeName w:st="on">Scharam</st1:placeName> <st1:placeType w:st="on">Academy</st1:placeType></st1:place>, Anna Nagar (They will provide notification in first week of DEC[​IMG])
    • PSBB Millenium, GST Road (they told they have transportation facility to our locality, I need to make complete payment for admission by 23<SUP>rd</SUP> Dec, 2009. Really confused to accept admission offer or reject it considering distance, since other schools just start admission process at this time[​IMG])
    • Chennai Public School (They asked to contact in Jan 2010, I prefer this school, but it is too late, I fear if I decline PSBB millennium and my son does n’t make it to CPS interview, that will be worst case:drowning)
    • La Chatelaine Residential School
    Pls. add other good schools, if any and provide valuable suggestion in complex decentralized Chennai school admission process to choose right school.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. anithamoorthy

anithamoorthy New IL'ite

Hi,

The fees in Lachatelaine comes around 12 to 15k per annum.

thanks
    anitha.
    <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

3. anithamoorthy

anithamoorthy New IL'ite

Hi ,

I don't know about other schools, but regarding Lachatelaine i was not happy about it in the primary level ( 1-5),no idea about secondary classes, the reason being that they say they don't want to burden the kids hence no notebooks or text books, the lessons are in papers which is sent home every friday and a test will be conducted from mon- thu on that the following week, so basically a concept is dealt and they've one day to study for the test and that's it, so the concepts are not thoroughly identified, kind of hasty i felt, the extra curricular is not all that great either, you don't get to see any performances ur kids does in school ,as no one is allowed to enter the school campus hence meeting a staff member is a great hassle, i don't mean to disappoint anyone but well everybody's opinion differs,

thanks

anitha
    <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

4. arthidiva

arthidiva Silver IL'ite

thanks for the inputs Anitha..

I have been so wanting to meet / talk to a parent whose child is there for more than a year or two.. and here I got you!

I always had apprehensions about La Chat.. but was waiting for someone tell me this first hand. I wonder how having two sets of textbooks will help in the long run.. for senior classes, ofcourse the student will mark few point on the textbook during the class so how does he / she take this back home for studying? though I liked this idea of two sets in the beginning but seems wierd now.

Anyways, if I dont get anywhere else, I will put my LO there. But will trying for better schools next year.

5. manjulats

manjulats Silver IL'ite

Arthi and others,

Which Other Schools are you getting applications(Omega international,Lachatline,PSBB)?Any decisIon received from the school?

6. arthidiva

arthidiva Silver IL'ite

I am looking at A School (over La Chateline) too.. just in case PSBB doesnt work out.

BTW, application form for Omega is starting from wednesday - 10am to 3pm.

7. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

AD

I heard A school management has been not so great. lot of people are not at all happy with the school.

I did not like the ambience at ashok nagar.

keep that at the end of the list.

P.S. sorry AD, i confuse between both the ids for their similarities.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2009
  8. arthidiva

arthidiva Silver IL'ite

thanks for the quick feedback Shanthi.. hmmm visiting their school is still pending on my To-DO list. I was thinking of ashok ngr branch only. Good you got me on time. I am worried about their ambiguity on the main school location for higher classes. travelling a far distance for school is the last thing I want for my DS.

Thanks Shanthi, you are very helpful. Do you have any info on Omega? I have second thought abt that too.

9. manjulats

manjulats Silver IL'ite

Arthi,

Thanks for the info on the omega application.ASchool has location on K.K Nagar too isn't it?Is it not close by to your house?

10. arthidiva

arthidiva Silver IL'ite

no Manju, the closest branch is in Ashok Nagar, 4th Avenue. Not in K.K. Nagar.

BTW, did you get application form from psbb?