1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

L2 Visa holder without EAD or SSN

Discussion in 'General Discussions - USA & Canada' started by rajalakshmi11, Apr 8, 2010.

1. rajalakshmi11

rajalakshmi11 New IL'ite

Hi,

I came to USA 4 months before in L2 visa , sitting idle in home is very horrible and i was working previously.I am looking for job and found one working form home option through freelancer and i dont have SSN or EAD .Can i work in freelancer site without EAD or SSN?

Any one please reply .I am waiting for your reply

Thanks & Regards,

Rajalakshmi

2. Ashwathy

Ashwathy New IL'ite

Hi Rajalakshmi,I am not very sure whether you can work or not ,but suppose if you come to know you cant work then other option is take the job in your husbands name and you can work on it and then sal will come to his account and just grab it from their.GOOD LUCK ,hope my reply wud help u out

3. gokusha

gokusha IL Hall of Fame

Hi,

Its always better to work with EAD and SSN. If later who knows, if anything happens it will affect our husband's carrier as we came here as their dependent on them..

At the same time,lets wait for others reply, as you might get to know if there is any option which i might have not aware of it.

Better apply for SSN and EAD.SSN will takes 2 weeks and Ead will take 3months...then you are allset to work even out...

Procedure you can find in the same forum if you search with keywords" EAD" OR "SSN"

All the best...I wish you all your dreams come true soon..

Last edited: Apr 8, 2010