1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

L1 Visa Stamping To Canada With Toddler

Discussion in 'Immigration Matters' started by sasi291, Apr 26, 2017.

1. sasi291

sasi291 Bronze IL'ite

Hi Ladies

I need your help in pouring some idea about travel to Canada with a 2yr toddler.
    We are planning to go to Canada Ottawa for visa stamping early next month. we have a 2 year old kid. He is a very picky eater. so am worried how he might survive in canada.
    Am planning to make a rice+dal powder, so that i can cook in hotel sometimes and feed him. (planning to book a hotel with kitchen). He is allergic to cow milk. he right now drinks soy milk. can we get soy milk/soy yogurt in Canada?
    We are planning to book a hotel near embassy.any idea if there would be any grocery stores(Preferably indian) to buy some grocery.
    Also do they allow baby food like some soy milk pouches and food pouches in flight?

2. blindpup10

blindpup10 Platinum IL'ite

3. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

You can get soy milk and yogurt easily in Canada. Use Google to locate grocery stores near where you are staying. If you are in a hotel the front desk can help. Check the TSA regulations for carrying baby food on flights.

4. MrCroc

MrCroc Silver IL'ite

You can get all Dals and rice easily in Canada and soy milk and yogurt too. Go to whole foods or IGA. You can soak you dal overnight and cooking it does not require cookers. Plus some hotels give u suites with inbult kitchenette hot plate and microwave. Enogh for basic cooking. I remember holiday inn had that arrangement.