1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

Kya Apne Pasand Kiya I Hate Love Story (IHLS)

Discussion in 'Movies' started by sushmasrivastav, Jul 12, 2010.

1. sushmasrivastav

sushmasrivastav Bronze IL'ite

Have you seen the movie “I hate Love Story” starring Sonam Kapoor and Imran Khan. It is directed by new comer Punit Malhotra. It is a movie from the Karan Johar school of movie making – which is to say all the twists and turns in the movie will end with the premise LOVE ALONE TRUIMPHS.
    Seriously speaking, the movie doesn’t have any original story to speak of. There are plenty of scenes and songs which are “inspired” by Karan Johar,Yash Raj and Sanjay Bhansali movies.
    Watch this movie only if you are a die hard Karan Johar romantic and will lap up anything that involves dancing around trees in scenic locales.
    :coffee

2. Aparna77

Aparna77 Senior IL'ite

I too did not find any story in the film. These days films are a product which need to be marketed well. A certain hype or buzz has to be created in the market place for a film to do well. Even Amir Khan went on an all India tour for his film "Three Idiots".
    Punit Malhotra and his team did try to whip up hype for the film but then films without any story line and carrying just spoofs of romantic hits hardly do well. I understand that even Sobha De panned the film in her review and Malhotra hit back and called her a menopausal critic who has lost it. Just see how low Malhotra ( a new comer) is stooping!

3. pandusk

pandusk Gold IL'ite

I watched this movie too, but I did not like it..It was very boring.Felt like all the movies bits and pieces have been jumbled up and made into one movie..Sonam was pretty in the movie..

4. SriVidya75

SriVidya75 Platinum IL'ite

yep yep..maine pasand kiyaa :)

I lovedddd the movie...it was very very simple and cute...not a mere commercial film :)

5. sangeetamahajan

sangeetamahajan New IL'ite

I hated " I hate luv stories"

“I hate luv storys” is yet another boring love story trying to yet again tell us that girls do not like "PERFECT" guys!!! yeah well but dont we already knw this!!!! Simran (Sonam Kapoor) is engaged to a perfect gujju, (who for once wasnt wearing typical gujjy "paisely printed" shirts, but boring ones nontheless!!!)

Frankly the only thing going for the movie is the spoof thing they have tried t do on various bollywood love stories.

The plot is weak, the music is no great shakes and leaves us wanting more... cant believe the music was by vishal and shekhar, the only decent song was "Bin Tere"

All in all the movie was average.... no great shakes!!

6. sweetgirl4flirt

sweetgirl4flirt New IL'ite

Re: I hated " I hate luv stories"

Hi I Completely agree, the movie was a total bore... with just glimpses of humor and entertainment. Imran was looking cute, and even though Sonam was looking great.. why does she speak like that!!

The script was frankly quite weak.. and gawd!!! why was everybody intent on giving Imran's character advice. ... i mean c'mon .. let the guy make his own mistakes!!!

Music was all right though... the title song has some potential to being a hummable song and people might just pick it up.

7. jasminderkaur

jasminderkaur Senior IL'ite

Re: I hated " I hate luv stories"

Well I have to disagree with you ladies! i quite liked the movie, i think imran khan was absolutely gorgeous and sonam kapoor was looking really cute. The movie could have been a bit tighter editing wise, but i thaught it a nice take off on the usual bollywood love stories.

it was refreshingly different from the usual romantic comedies these days!!

8. sweetsanjam

sweetsanjam Senior IL'ite

I am a die hard romantic and I must say I liked the movie esp Sonam and Imran... they were too good.