KURTIS- Readymade Vs Tailored

Discussion in 'Shopping/Restaurants in Hyderabad' started by US123, Mar 24, 2009.

1. US123

US123 New IL'ite

Jai Sri Ram!

Hello Hyderabadi Sisters

A Very Happy, Healthy and Prosperous Ugadi to you all!

I want to take advantage of your valuable opinions- I love Kurtis (I am sure there are a lot of Kurti fans here too) like everybody else for their looks and convenience and affordability. I would love to know which of the two (ready made or Tailored) you all ladies think is better and why? Obviously acquiring either of these involves shopping............. so where do you buy the material (for the tailor made- you can suggest your favorite Tailor too who does a good job stitching these) and what kind (cotton, linen, polyester etc) is best suited for everyday wear Kurtis? If ready made Kurtis are your favourite where in Hyderabad /Secunderabad can one purchase stylish (and yet modest please!) Long lasting Kurtis that will not be damaged by the washing machine (I don't mind handwashing these either!).

Sorry if my queries are long-winded, but I as a silent member (sometimes I forget to login- sorry!) I have realized that this is the right place to ask questions like these and I have admired the camaraderie between you ladies who have been online sisters since the IndusLadies inception and learnt a host of other information from you all.

Thank you for taking time to read my long and rambling message. I look forward eagerly to your valuable responses- Thanks in advance!

Jai Sri Ram.

-Usha

2. surya123

surya123 Senior IL'ite

thank you Usha and wish you the same....

i dont know about stitched ones......but if you go for readymade...you get them in westside-nampally, hyderabad-central-panjagutta,, shoppersstop-begumpet .probably in shanti also....

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 24, 2009
  3. Senorita

Senorita Silver IL'ite

Usha, Sai Ram!

Count me too in the fan list of Kurtis :thumbsup To tell about them i feel very comfortable either worn on jeans or on salwar, doesn't matter am going out or staying at home.

Hmmm i have lots of collection of them and i purchase them almost every time i shop where ever i find them. Now recently i have i have bought some cool cotton kurtis to beat this hot summer.

I almost go with ready mades because we get nice pattrns and material with good styles and even worked. My places for hopping are Lifestyle, Westside, Central, Neerus and Simrans.

I also like the materials at Cheap Jack or Tarunis at MG.Road, general bazzar. In Cheap Jack you can get cost material which we can wear for parties or some ocassions. You get half pattu, pattu, creepe, georgete and printed cottons also. Even material for bottom (salwar) will also be available in same material plains with different colors.

4. kalpanareddy

kalpanareddy Bronze IL'ite

Me too go with ready made ones bcoz as senorita said we can get so many varieties and patterns.. recently i got few from taruni and secunderabad general bazaar..

5. US123

US123 New IL'ite

Hello Surya, Senorita and Kalpana,

Thank you so much ladies for answering my survey on Kurtis- I was not disappointed! The final verdict: ready made wins! I will definitely visit the stores you suggested and have fun choosing my Kurtis. One final question- do you give these Kurtis back to the (in store) tailor, for further fitting and to put in another stitch along the insides to prevent tearing?

Thanks again for helping me out.

Happy UGADI to all INDUS LADIES!

JAI SEETA RAM!

Best,
    Usha

6. kalpanareddy

kalpanareddy Bronze IL'ite

Hi Usha,

Generally for me medium size will fits exactly...if i want to alter sleeves i will give them to in store tailors only..out store tailors will not put gud attention for altering clothes....my personal experience...Drowning..

Cheers,
    kalpana

Last edited: Mar 25, 2009