1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

Kurai Onrum Illai MaRaimoorthy Kanna

Discussion in 'Music and Dance' started by sunkan, Jul 13, 2007.

1. eagle

eagle Bronze IL'ite

Dear Sunkan,

Thank you very much for posting my all time fav.song. I used to sing this song when I was learning carnatic music in my younger days. I lost touch now. Everytime I hear this song specially sung by MS , i get tears in my eyes and feel so humbled.

Love
    Shobana

2. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Dear Friends,
    I love this song so much that I have made a collection of the song by different musicians & made it into a CD & have put it in my I pod also !
    I gave that CD as a gift to Varalotti last year & he said that as soon as he starts the car to go to office, he switches on that CD & listens to thatfirst before starting his day in office.
    That is the "hello tune" in my mobile as well !:tongue
    Love,
    Chithra.

3. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

thanku for coming here in this thread chitra madam,
    i dont know y i have a feeling u fail to notice or avoid complimenting me, like u see her u have not acknowledged me at all, have i done something which has been too raw to u to acknowledge my presence here...hope not, and if so pl pm me i would apologize even before i know abt it...regards sunkan

4. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Oh Sunkan,
    Why such a complaint against me, I wonder ! Your posting the translation is a wonderful effort on your part - I take full responsibility for failing to mention about that & I beg your pardon.
    How can I intentionally fail to complement you? I wrote that post & completed it in a hurry with my phone & mobile ringing simultaneously; so forgot to read the post again & just clicked "submit reply".
    I am extremely sorry that you feel offended, sunkan - please be assured that it was an inadvertent, careless & most foolish omission from my part.
    I read all your contributions without fail & admire, how versatile you are, be it photoshop, snippets or forwards, to mention, just a few !
    I will be careful in future to make sure that my posts do not hurt anyone.
    Love,
    Chithra.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2007
  5. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

Dear Sundari,

Thank you for posting this song. It is my all time favourite. I have the audio but not the full words till you posted this. Have you heard the rendition by KS Chitra? It is equally soulful. My life has a lot of gaps that need to be filled, but this one song always tells me that I have everything and no reason to lament. Keep posting more useful info.

6. PushpavalliSrinivasan

PushpavalliSrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sundari,
    Thanks for posting the song. This is also my favourite song. My daughter Malathi also has this song as ringing tone in her mobile. People used to say that just to hear that song they ring up her mobile at least once a day. All the carnatic music lovers would love to hear this song. Just melts our heart . Thank you once again,
    Love,
    Pushpavalli

7. bhuvanaprabhu

bhuvanaprabhu Silver IL'ite

Dear Sunkan

Thanks a lot........ U have done a great job... I'll do get releived of all my worries when i hear this song... U have done a good job by posting the meaning too....

Chitra mam, i wish i could meet you in person.... U r so humble...

Bye take care
    bhuvana

8. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

hi sunkan,

You have done a good job of translating the song. There was a article about Rajaji, on the circumstances and incidents which could have been the reason for his writing this song. Maybe few of us would have read. The dire situation in the family front with his wife and son-in-laws death. His getting into lot of unwanted problems in politics. How great he should be to tell kurai onrum illai inspite of all this. I have just learnt to respect and appreciate the song more after that particular article.

I get inspired and motivated whenever I feel depressed. I take it thirainpinnal irrundalum he is there for me.

love,
    shanthi.

9. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

i dont know how but this song has creapt into my mind and i am humming this all the while, happy could make so many souls happy here...regards sunkan

10. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Thank you Shanthi, for giving extra information about and in what situation Rajaji has written this song. As you have mentioned, now i have more respect for the song and the author, in particular.
    Sriniketan