Kurai Ondrum Illai - M.S. Subbulakshmi

Discussion in 'Queries on Religion & Spirituality' started by ramyasrini8, Jun 8, 2010.

1. ramyasrini8

ramyasrini8 Silver IL'ite

குறை ஒன்றும் இல்லை
    என்னை கவர்ந்த பாடல் வரிகள்,
    குரல் கேட்கும் போதே மனதில் ஒரு அமைதி .

Attached Files:

2. ganges

ganges Gold IL'ite

dear friend

thank you very much for the song. it is my favourite one of ms and dear this song brought tears in my eyes. I was a reasonably good singer and this was my master piece. but suddenly I lost my sound and now I am under therapy. the song brought some old memories. sorry dear.

ganges

3. kAlyaniShAnti

kAlyaniShAnti IL Hall of Fame

Dear Ramya,

This song changed my life for good three and half years back!

This was the first carnatic song, that too rendered by MSS, which I was listening those days. Though the language was completely new to me, I could follow the meaning through its translation. So much peace and happiness it gave me...

On one such evenings (I was going through a very difficult phase in my life that time), I was trying to control and pacify myself when I was thrown to a horrible situation by the circumstances prevailing around me..... I was weeping, talking and writing to myself (this is usually my way to drive myself away from worries and anxieties).... I wrote "Oh God, when shall I be able to tell Kurai Onrum Illai, O Kanna....''

Don't know how... It did a miracle. Soon after I returned back home, I was presented with a situation, which I faced boldly and strongly and decided my way out of the 10 year-long suffering.

I am ever grateful to my Friend who that time gave me this song to listen, without which I believe I would continue to suffer till now!

That single evening, changed my outlook towards life, my preferences and many things!

I feel God blessed me through this song!

4. ramyasrini8

Hi Ganges,

I am so sorry abt ur health...I ll pray for ur goodness..You ll sing tis song for us very soon and I am damn sure abt t..Tak care..Dont lose ur confidence..

5. ramyasrini8

Hi Kalyani,

I am so glad that ur doing great now..I am also happy that u shared ur exp with me..Keep in touch and Let we pray 4 Ganges...

6. ramyasrini8

Bhagyada Lakshmi Baramma - M.S. Subbulakshmi

Bhagyada Lakshmi Baramma is a beautiful Hindu Kannada Devotional Song composed by 15th century poet Purandara Daasa and is dedicated to Goddess Lakshmi, the divine consort of Lord Vishnu. Here are the lyrics of Bhagyada Lakshmi Baramma and the devotional video song sung by Bharat Ratna MS Subbulakshmi Amma (MSS).

The meaning of this Goddess Lakshmi devotional song is really beautiful. Bhagyada Lakshmi Baramma song invites Goddess Lakshmi Devi who is the God of fortune and wealth to come home and shower blessings and bring goodness to her devotees.

You tube link
    YouTube - Bhagyada Lakshmi Baramma by MS Subbulakshmi - Kannada Devotional Song

7. mimur9

mimur9 IL Hall of Fame

Ullam urugi paada padum indha padal ketpavar ullathayum urgavaikum. Melts ones heart. Beautiful song by Rajaji. One of my favourite.

8. mimur9

mimur9 IL Hall of Fame

Ganga ma, sorry to hear that. How's your therapy going now? Seen you in craft section. Now learnt that you also sing. I pray to god for speedy recovery. Wish you all the best.

9. mimur9

mimur9 IL Hall of Fame

Bhagyada lakshmi baramma... song i learnt it from my kannada friend during a Navratri season. i had a wonderful nostalgia. thanks ramyasrini

Last edited: Jun 18, 2010
  10. Vaishnavie

Vaishnavie Gold IL'ite

thanks ramya...
    thank u so much 4 the song...:bowdown