1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Would you like to join the IL team? See open jobs!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Liked anything that you read here? You may nominate it as the Finest Posts!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. What can you teach someone online? Tell us here!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. If someone taught you via skype, what would you want to learn? Tell us here!
    Dismiss Notice

Kumon/Beestar/Gideon/Aloha etc...... Classes for kids

Discussion in 'Schoolgoers & Teens' started by Anushiv, May 21, 2007.

1. SchoolsNMore

SchoolsNMore New IL'ite

Let me just say that the Kumon doesn't really have formal instruction time per se. It's based on self-directed learning - so kids need to look at the examples in their worksheets and follow the method. If they are stuck or make mistakes then they can get help from the instructors but it's not like there is a time set aside for teaching - the worksheets themselves are seen to be the teaching aides. The way Russion Math is taught I think depends on the specific class that is offering it. Where we live, they follow a formal curriculum with teaching time after which homework is given to the kids.

2. anuradhagavini

anuradhagavini New IL'ite

Hi im Anuradha,came to US 5 months back with my husband.i born & bought in Rajahmundry,AP,INDIA.Now im living in stafford.by browsing i came to known abt this.i dont know where to post my msg thats why i did here.now im Housewife.i want to do job here.but nothing matches my profile.i did Msc.organic chemistry, and did job in API BULK DRUGS(PHARMACEUTICAL COMPANY) For 3 years.
    can u please give some idea for my job
    Bye, Anuradha.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2013
  3. Dinny

Dinny IL Hall of Fame

Anuradha

You have posted your query in the wrong forum.
    Please try the below given links

Working from Home- IndusLadies
    Working Women- IndusLadies

4. Nanali

Nanali Senior IL'ite

Hey guys, the Beestar site has released a groupbuy discount offer for small group registration. I am looking for a groupbuy to join and save some $$. Are there any groups formed here?

I noticed this groupbuy is for grade 1-8 or grade 9-12 of all subjects. I guess all elem and middle school students can groupbuy together for any subjects. The same for high schoolers.

5. asnmdirteha

asnmdirteha New IL'ite

I highly recommend Beestar. So happy to know that they have a group discount. It is a really useful website and my kids have really enjoyed it.

6. Nanali

Nanali Senior IL'ite

Do you use a groupbuy for beestar´╝čI want to join one. We love using Beestar and it has been very helpful to improve kid skills in problem solving. I plan to register all 7 programs and a group discount would be very helpful.

7. sushmad

sushmad New IL'ite

I would like to join a groupbuy if there is one. Please let me know. Thanks!