1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Knower Of Nothing

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Manjureddy, May 23, 2014.

1. jayasala42

jayasala42 IL Hall of Fame

The significance of the 'insignificance', everything about nothing,the fullness of the vacuum
    are clearly visible from your'nothings'

Jayasala 42

2. Aria

Aria New IL'ite

Veeer-r-r-ry high competition for 'knower of nothing'! I dare even audition for that award. I've high hopes on winning if I audition for feeler of nothing.

"Indian elections this week , did you follow"
    " Uh , eh, what elections, where, yeh those elections, no clue sweets"
    "You don't feel for politics"

"Arsenal lost, why Chelsea"
    "Which ammunition was used, where, oh that Arsenal, no interest"
    "You don't feel for football"

"We must do something, we must unite, we must fight, we must change the world"
    "May be we wait for few years and migrate to moon when it is colonized?"
    "You don't feel for things that are to be felt"

Manju , I go through something similar often with my family/friends and the next day the only thing that worries me is should I have bought camomile instead of jojoba oils as bath essence; next time, next time, and leap from my tub like Archimedes, dribbing in water, and add a note to my schmutzy iPhone 'Camomile duffer! BUY Camomile!" Isn't that a deep feeling stemmed in my bosom to vault and action?! Now how could I not feel anything if I feel something so strong, deep and loud even about what bubble bath to use, ah! I feel unfelt things!

Ahem , ahem , back to the nescience in your post, Manju, you know what, the greatest boon apart from knowing nothing is people thinking that you know nothing that lowers expectations, surrenders ignorance, glosses apathy, absolves indolence and no one asks 'why it was only this switch that you had to press to get it working', Oh?! is it?

2 people like this.
  3. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Dear Manju or should I say co-knower-of-nothing,

Having been in identical shoes all my life, I can well understand exactly what you are saying. Well, I might know nothing, but one thing I certainly know and that is that you certainly have the gift of the gab! :-D Enjoyed reading this wonderful piece full of puns and word-play.

1 person likes this.
  4. Manjureddy

Manjureddy Gold IL'ite

Dear Jayasala,
    I am not very sure to whom you addressed your cryptic comment : to killu-keerai KnowNothing Me or to Vengayasaurus Rex Cheeniya.

Though I have been hearing the Rudram for decades now, I cant figure out , to this day , what those endless sets of diametrically opposite dualities mean, really. My brain is already half fried up with that kaaicchal , and you suddenly spring this kosuru rudram on me ! expecting me to grapple with significant insignificances and full vaccuums ,inspite of my having tomtommed loud and clear that I am a Knower of Nothing .
    Sami saranam !

5. Manjureddy

Manjureddy Gold IL'ite

Dear Aria,
    Looks like, Its not so lonely at the top after all , with every second responder coming up with a strong claim .

Feeler of Nothing ? Now that is fashionably unique. I have had the privilege of sighting just one specimen of this rare species so far and he retired , unfeelingly, just last week as Prime Marionette of our holy land where attaining the Para Brahman state is vaunted ideal.
    I would hate to have an Aria figuring in such a zombie club, so what if she dint actually Dance for Democrazy . When she can so fervently , energetically, flamboyantly Feel the feel for changing the bubblebath , not feeling to change the world is just a quibble . BTW, i dint know Clinton's daughter played football.

Whoa ! put a hold on counting those " boons". It is the harrowing experience of my tragic life as Knower of Nothing that non-knowing is no freeticket to lowered expectations and non-doing. Fact, its my undoing. Because I Know nothing , i am enthusiastically launched into practicals , with the helpful voice of the all knowing Navigator alternately guiding and cheering me on. When one has lived for so long as I have with TheVoice, one learns to shut it out at will, and carry on with fixing those castor wheels or changing the fuse, knowing nothing.

Feeling immensely entertained by the vaulting archimedian visuals .Thank you for the mirth, Ariaa.

6. Manjureddy

Manjureddy Gold IL'ite

Dear Satchi ,
    Welcome to the sorrowing sorrority. I am begining to feel quite glad that I wrote this piece. It feels like a Support Club now with so many of you coming out to share my shoerack . See, it always helps to realise that what ever tragedy befalls us, its not unique to us. There have been others before us, there are others around us , there will be others after us, with the same experience. Knowing that makes Knowing Nothing a lighter burden to bear.

Glad you enjoyed reading Satch. Thank you.

1 person likes this.
  7. jayasala42

Dear Manju,
    I am reminded of the upanishad vaakyam from Brihadaranya upanishad
    purnam adah, purnam idam purnat purnam udachyate; purnasya purnam adaya purnam evavasisyate .

We recite it, chant it every day, but mostly we do not think about what it means when we chant it; it goes as a routine. Purna is fullness.

Upanishad says, "Purnam adah: that origin of all things is full; purnam idam: this entire creation that has come from that origin of all things is also full; purnat purnam udachyate: from that Full this Full has come; purnasya purnam adaya: having taken away this Full from that Full; purnam evavasisyate: the Full still remains unaffected."

Infinity less Infinity becomes Infinity.

“Emptiness” is called “Sunyata” in Sanskrit language, Sunyata is a combination of “Sunya” (stem) and “Ta” (participle suffix), “Sunya” means empty and “Ta” means nature, so “Sunyata” means the nature of emptiness.

. If there is no “O” mark in today’s modern world, can any activity of business and science carry on? ZERO represents emptiness, void, blank, and impracticality, but at the same time, represents the possibility of producing all things. Think it deeper, everything starts with zero, including knowledge, business, reputation, wealth, and … so on. Therefore “Sunya” (Zero) does not symbolize the discontinuously deadly void, but symbolize the limitlessly producing latent force of vitality of “can be the world of void and can be the world of senses (Being and non-being)”.
    மஞ்சு மஞ்சு வின் விரல் பட்டு

கொஞ்சி கொஞ்சி வரும் கவிதை வரிகள்

அஞ்ச அஞ்ச தேவையில்லை மஞ்சு

விஞ்சிடுமே தங்கள் நா வன்மை.

பஞ்சு போன்ற மெத்தென வரிகள்

தஞ்சம் அடைகின்றன மஞ்சுவிடம்.

கிஞ்சித்தும் வஞ்சமில்லை

நெஞ்சத்தை நீங்கா நிலை.
    Wish you continue as ' Nothing' for ever so that we will be blessed with 'everything'.
    Better be a multiple of zero and give value to the multitudes of members.

Jayasala 42

2 people like this.
  8. Manjureddy

Manjureddy Gold IL'ite

என்னது ! என்விரல் பட்டு கொஞ்சி வந்த கவிதையா ? நா வன்மையா ?
    சாமி கண்ணை குத்தும் !
    நா பாட்டுக்கு ஓசைபடாமல் நாவுக்கரசரின் "திரு கயிலை திரு தாண்ட கத்தை "ஒரு குடை குடைந்து , நாலு வரி பொறுக்கி , கொஞ்சம் nothing களை தோராயமாக தூவிவிட்டு , clever- ஆ , acknowledgement எல்லாம் கொடுக்காம , ஞான கூபம் போல ஒரு செட் அப் பண்ணிகிட்டா , நீங்க என்னங்க முச்சந்திக்கு இழுத்து முக திரையை கிழித்தே தீருவென்னு இப்படி நய்யாண்டி மேளம் கொட்டி ட்டீங்க ! பாருங்க , இப்போ சோத்துலேர்ந்து முழு பூசணிய வெளியே எடுக்க வேண்டி ஆயிடுச்சு .

போகட்டும் விடுங்க. உங்க அன்பான கவிதையின் இரண்டாவது பாகத்தை உங்க ஆசிர்வாதமா வச்சுக்கறேன்.

POST டை பாத்தவுடனே , bold லெ சூன்யம் கீன்யம் னு எல்லாம் கண்ணுல பட்டதும், என்னடாது நமக்கு பரிச்சயமான "செல்லபெயரெல்லாம்" கிளம்புதேன்னு கொஞ்சம் காபரா ஆயிடுச்சு . அப்புறம் தான் , ஓஹோ , குட்ட வரலை, தட்டி கொடுக்கவராங்கன்னு புருஞ்சிச்சு . அப்பாடி !

கூட்டி கழிச்சு பாத்தா , எப்படியும் zero . இருந்துட்டு போகட்டும் போங்க . என்ன கொறஞ்சு போச்சு ?
    இந்த பவிஷுக்கும் கவிதை பாடி வாழ்த்து வருதே , கொடுத்து வச்சிருக்க வேண்டாமோ !

ரொம்ப நன்றி , ஜெயா .

------------------
    For those who cannot read the above : Sorry , no translation. What you dont know will not hurt..... me. :hide:

1 person likes this.
  9. jayasala42

Thamizh maranthu poi romba naal aagivittathu. ungal peyar vaagaaga amainthathaal intha 4 vari ezhuthinen.
    Zero -is a commendable puraskaar. Bharat's invention to the science of Mathematics.
    Poojayam poojyameva
    ( Zero is worthy of being worshipped)
    Jayasala 42

1 person likes this.
  10. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Manju,

Let me be done with my duty first...Congratulations on being nominated to FP of the month by Satchitananda! Now don't get me wrong. Even as I call it a duty, it is done with absolute pleasure for I seem to attain a special joy when choice and select snippets land up in FP. Or else, as ignorant as I am, will be missing out on gems such as these for I often know nothing as to what goes on in IL....ahem ahem.....

Now, let me rephrase the above. Often, for some inexplicable reason (may be Cheensaar may have some idea?!), I am unaware of what goes on in IL.

Yes, the second sentence sounds better. For...imagine..the people who have claimed to be in the group of 'Know Nothings' runs like Manjureddy, Cheeniya, Jayasala, Iyerviji, Viswamitra, Satchitanada AND Aria....Just printing out the names of this elite group itself leaves me awed. I could have added a few more to the above elite list but had to stop. For eg, Srama has written a mini middle explaining why she cannot belong to the above list and I had to take that into consideration and so on and so forth...

Since the all knowing all have so vehemently staked their claim for the Know Nothing, I decided I definitely cannot belong to that group. I may not know...excuse me...I may have confused myself about what makes one a Know Nothing. 'When someone knows nothing' was my simple guess. But ALL of you are Titans in the field of knowledge, books, spirituality, language etc etc! So, if you belong to the Know Nots, I must belong to some other group though I know not what group for I know nothing...gosh I am stumped..How do I explain?! :drowning

However, I do know I just read an extremely interesting, entertaining and amusing post by my favorite writer. Needless to say I am a little confused when members like our literary genius Cheeniya and the English encyclopedia Aria call themselves 'Knowers of Nothings'! So I must be knowing something they do not know, all of you do not know, even if I run helter skelter searching for dictionaries, references and google pages to find answers to quotes and words when reading the posts penned by all of you!!!!

O wow, I must be the knowledgeable one for today! :)

L, Kamla

Aside: Besides, I did brush up my rusty Tamil a bit going through this thread!! For that Manju, hundred times 'potri' to you. :rotfl

4 people like this.