1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Know ‘self’ as never Before!!!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by anukarsha, Mar 17, 2011.

1. anukarsha

anukarsha Gold IL'ite

Hi Friends!
    Do you know thyself??? What a stupid question to be asked, that’s what you are thinking; am I right??? Right, so tell me now, how well do you know yourself? You’ll say that I know myself the best; I look into the mirror at least 4-5 times a day; I know what I like, what I don’t, who I like who I don’t and so on n so forth. But friends I am asking about your “self”; are you really aware of your “self”, the inner-self, your true self??? If yes, well n good; if not, it’s high time, just put on your thinking caps and get moving…
    What is this “self” and how do I know it, why do I need to know about it and many more questions like this will now run through your mind. I have written quite a few times earlier also that please devote some special time for yourself and only yourself. No other thoughts should clutter your mind at that time. Just devoting fifteen minutes a day is enough for you to slowly get the grip of your inner-self.
    We are all beautiful within; God has made us great to deliver greatness to the world but we don’t realize this. We all have something unique about ourselves, we are all unique, no two people can be same on this planet and we are a big, rich source of energy which can do wonders for the well being of mankind. Friends, recognize that potential within, help yourself and others in whatever way you can, enrich your soul and lead a meaningful life. But how???
    Here are a few suggestions for you my dear friends:
    When you look into the mirror, tell yourself that you are looking at a responsible person who’s the ‘in-charge’ of his/her life, for yesterday, today and tomorrow. This way you’ll learn to take responsibility of your life and you’ll not hold every other person responsible for the condition of your life.
    Accept self as a whole with all –The good, the bad, the ugly. Accept yourself as a package. Every positive is followed by a negative and vice-versa. So whatever way you are, accept yourself fully, unconditionally.
    Love thyself first. (before you “love your neighbor”, just kidding)
    If you commit a mistake; don’t ruin your whole life by brooding over it; just learn from it, make required corrections and move ahead. Never repeat it.
    Feel good about yourself, treat yourself for the good you did, pat yourself and feel proud of yourself.
    Think, talk and act positively, always. Make it a habit to be positive all the time.
    Get into a good habit of being Happy all the time, whatever be the situation.
    Don’t feel depressed for things which you can’t control; just leave them aside.
    Doing these simple exercises would enable you to spend some quality time with your own self. Positive affirmations help you grow as a better person each day.
    So what are you waiting for- start right now, right away…
    Cheers

2. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

3. anukarsha

anukarsha Gold IL'ite

Thanks dear satchi for your reply.To move forward in life,we must accept ourselves completely, unconditionally with whatever we have.That's the essence of meaningful n fulfilling life.cheers-anu:)

4. Malar2301

Malar2301 Gold IL'ite

Dear Anu,

A very good post and definitely thought provoking. Many people say that they hate themselves. I wonder how come it is possible. Just take a simple thing in life. If a man likes coffee and if goes out, doesn't he opt to get a coffee for himself. It is because he loves him. But that is not realized. Many of us does not realize that we love ourselves.

Let me try doing what you said... thanks for sharing it here :thumbsup

5. anukarsha

anukarsha Gold IL'ite

Thanks dear mala for your reply.please do give it a try and see changes in you.cheers-anu:)

6. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Anu,
    As in my conversation with my mom, I was asking her, 'how to do our inner-journey?"
    Incidentally, here you are giving a reply to that...
    Sure to follow the steps one by one and see the positive Self :)

sriniketan

7. sreemanavaneeth

sreemanavaneeth Gold IL'ite

TO BE HAPPY AND MAKE OTHERS HAPPY WILL MAKE US TO
    BE AWAY FROM STRESS AND WILL ALWAYS THE SLOGAN WILL BE CHANTED INSIDE OUR HEART ANYTHING CAN BE HANLED IN ANY SITUATION.

SMILE HAS GOT THAT MUCH OF EFFECT AND AUTOMATICALLY BRING HAPPINESS IN OURSELVES

NICE NARRATION AND NEAT SUMMARISATION.

KEEP IT UP:thumbsup

8. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Anuraksha,

After reading Srama's "I work at", this came as another refreshing post to address oneself and introspect.

It is not at all easy to know one's self. We pride ourselves about knowing our spouses, children, friends. But when it comes to ourselves, one needs to be very honest and quite brutal!

Liked the steps you have listed, especially the one about forgiving oneself for the mistakes and move on. What is difficult is to let go and not worry when one is depressed. But try we must!

Nice post.

L, Kamla

9. anukarsha

anukarsha Gold IL'ite

Thanks dear sriniketan for your reply. These are well tried things by me and i have noticed a sea-change in my behavior.Please do give it a try.cheers-anu:)

10. anukarsha

anukarsha Gold IL'ite

Thanks dear sree for your response.yes, happiness makes the world go round.cheers-anu:)