1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Knock Knock...any Kannada Speaking Viewers?

Discussion in 'Hair Care & Hair Styles' started by virtualkv2020, Mar 31, 2019.

1. virtualkv2020

virtualkv2020 Platinum IL'ite

Hi friends..
    Over the years I have become a fan of Ayurvedic home remedies as It has helped over come most of my issues related to skin and hair.I heard a lot about an Ayurveda Dr Gauri,famously known as Gauriamma in Karnataka.I happen to bump into her videos while browsing.Since Kannada is not my native language I am unable to understand the treasured remedies she shared.It would be helpful if any of you could translate these videos to English so that it reaches everyone,especially to those in need! Thanks in advance.

Hair care

For fast hair growth

Home remedies for hair issues

For thick hair

Last edited: Mar 31, 2019
    Thyagarajan likes this.

2. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello:I presume that audio portion dubbing of video is complicated job. Yet there are numerous tech geeks originated from Karnataka are fellow il’ites.
    I think @GeetaKashyap might suggest ways and means to accomplish this assignment,
    God is in music and permeates in herbs and so in Ayurveda. ( this Veda is not to be confused with Sama, Yajur, Ric & one more)

virtualkv2020 likes this.
  3. GeetaKashyap

GeetaKashyap IL Hall of Fame

Thyagarajan Sir,

You are putting me in a fix. I would be more than willing to translate a few words or sentences but translating videos...:shakehead:. I am not a tech geek and as you rightly said translating so much of material is almost impossible.

Thyagarajan likes this.
  4. virtualkv2020

@Thyagarajan @GeetaKashyap Lol...I probably didn't put it right. I actually meant to ask Kannada speaking Ilites to watch the video(s) and post the information in English. :)

Last edited: Apr 25, 2019
    Thyagarajan likes this.
  5. virtualkv2020

Thanks to @vathsala30 amma for translating the 1st and 3rd videos.Thank you so much for your effort and patience.Here is the information.

Hair Care with home remedies (1st video)

In olden days, people used to apply castor oil and allow it to soak for half a day.They used to wash hair with shikakai powder.Pollution,consumption of contaminated food and lack of nutrition are the main reasons for hair fall in today’s world.

Coconut oil
    Massage scalp thoroughly with coconut oil. Leave for 1-2 hrs or overnight if possible.Wash with herbal shampoo or shikakai powder.

Coconut oil/Almond Oil/Olive oil
    Use individually or mix them in equal proportions.Massage gently with fingers.Leave for 2 hrs.Wash with herbal shampoo or shikakai powder.

Fenugreek seeds
    • Soak fenugreek seeds in water overnight. Grind the soaked seeds into a fine paste using the same water in which was soaked.Apply the paste to roots of your hair and wash after 30mins/1-2 hrs.
    • Soak fenugreek seeds over night and grind with fresh fenugreek leaves, apply to the scalp, gently massage with finger tips for 10 minutes,leave for 1-2 hours and wash.This results in dark hair.This controls hair fall, dandruff and greying of hair.Results will be visible in 5 weeks.
    Coconut
    Grate coconut and squeeze to extract fresh coconut milk. To 1 cup of fresh coconut milk add 4 drops of lime juice, apply to the scalp using a cotton ball, wait for 1-2 hour and wash.This results in lustrous hair growth.

Hibiscus
    Can use flowers or leaves.Grind 4-5 white or red hibiscus flowers and apply the paste,give a massage.Leave for 1 hour and wash.

Pooja Grass

Apply juice of this grass to roots of your hair, every day for a week. This eliminates dandruff and promotes hair growth.

Olive oil and honey
    Mix Olive oil and pure honey in equal amounts,apply to the scalp and massage.Soak for 1-2 hrs and wash it with a herbal shampoo or shikakai powder.This stops hair fall and controls dandruff.

Egg
    Break open and transfer the contents to a bowl.Apply the mixture to roots of your hair.Wait for 30 minutes, and wash.Repeat once in 15 days.

To control hair fall and promote healthy hair growth (3rd video)

To 1 cup water add 2 spoons of kalonji (onion seeds/black seeds) and cook till the decoction reduces to half,remove and strain.Add 2 spoons olive oil and store.Apply to the entire scalp, wait for 30 minutes and wash.Repeat twice a week.

Ammu2886 and Thyagarajan like this.
  6. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello:Thanks for clarification and the effort in posting here the epitome of Ayurvedic video of Kannada Amma Garu.
    2. I am sure it would help IL’ites in a big way and you have their gratitude for this or these home remedies saving their apprehensions expensive cosmetics & beauty products and English medicines.
    3. Apropos dubbing in English, I can suggest some one make an e mail request to the Aurvedh doctor to consider make available in u tube her videos with voice portion dubbed in English and other languages such as Tamil, Telugu, Malayalam, Hindi. Aurvedh doctor can undertake this suggestion on commercial basis too at pan India level.
    Regards.
    God protects and saves genuine helpful people by skin of their teeth if need be.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2019
    vathsala30 and virtualkv2020 like this.
  7. virtualkv2020

Translating the rest of the videos...

For fast hair growth (2nd video)

Use sesame oil or coconut oil or olive oil for this recipe.Grind spinach with 1 spoon milk and 1 spoon lemon juice into a smooth paste.To a pan, add sesame oil, the ground paste and cook on a slow flame till all the moisture evaporates.Remove,strain,store in a glass jar and use regularly.

Home remedies for hair issues (4th video)

Use sesame oil or coconut oil for this recipe.Peel a large aloe vera leaf and extract the gel and chop into small pieces.Heat some sesame oil in a pan on a slow flame, add only the petals of 1 red single petal hibiscus flower, aloe vera gel and cook on a slow flame till all the moisture evaporates.Remove,strain,store in a glass jar.Use regularly.

For thick hair (5th video)

Use 100 ml sesame oil or a combination of both sesame and coconut oil in this hair oil recipe.Peel a small aloe vera leaf and extract the gel and chop into small pieces.Heat 100 gms sesame oil in a slow flame, add fresh neem leaves, aloe vera gel and mix well.Cook on a slow flame till all the moisture evaporates.Remove,strain,store in a glass jar and use regularly.

8. virtualkv2020

I always buy amaranth leaves from Indian stores. We usually get the big leaf variety that is green n red color. Popularly known as perugu thotakoora in Telugu.I was pleasantly surprised to find this variety in Korean stores by the name Red Shen Choy.Sometimes I find another variety of amaranthus greens - the small leaf variety that’s completely green. Both are equally tasty.

One solution for all kinds of hair issues by Dr Gowri amma

Translating the above video
    Take a bunch of Amaranth leaves (Dantina soppu) or a bunch of other varieties of amaranth greens such kilkire soppu,chilkarve soppu,kirksale soppu.You can use one type or all variety greens as well.Grind the greens into a fine paste,apply to scalp and hair,wait for 30 minutes and wash.Repeat weekly once and you will find results in 5 weeks. This will strengthen the hair resulting in luscious hair growth.This also regrows hair where there's been more hair fall.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2019
  9. virtualkv2020

Dantina soppu for hair care and remedy for premature greying
    Dr Gowriamma not only talks about using the Dantina soppu (one variety of amaranth greens) paste as a hair pack for luscious hair growth but also suggests using it for premature greying. Apply juice of Dantina soppu to the scalp for 30 mins or atleast 10 mins before washing.Repeat once or twice a week.This nourishes the hair.It is advised to use this remedy as soon as one notices premature greying.