1. Looking for an Interesting Craft Project? : Plethora of Ideas
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Would you like to join the IL team? See open jobs!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. What can you teach someone online? Tell us here!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If someone taught you via skype, what would you want to learn? Tell us here!
    Dismiss Notice

Knitting Made Easier Lessons

Discussion in 'Knitting & Crochet' started by Meenamohan, Feb 4, 2010.

1. mynt

mynt New IL'ite

2. Meenamohan

Meenamohan Silver IL'ite

Dear Mynt, Weave in means its just that a loop stitch with the thread & needle. normally how we stitch any two clothes same way.

3. mynt

mynt New IL'ite

Thanks for clarifying Meena

4. Meenamohan

Meenamohan Silver IL'ite

Pleasure is mine dear ... so nice to know that people are stillinterested in knitting will come with more projects for beginners ....

5. chisha

chisha New IL'ite

Hi
    Thanks for sharing this treasure trove of info. My daughter is starting a knitting project for school. I am planning to show her all your posts. She has to do a scarf. You mentioned 4 scarfs somewhere but I saw only hat instructions. Can you give me some nice beginner level scarf instructions please. When I was trawling the net for scarf designs I came across a i cord design which is only for the aesthetics. But I liked it a lot. The link is Knitty: editorial spring 06
    I did try out the flowers ( and I am a novice as far as knitting is concerned:hide:) but Row 4 [RS]: [S2KP] to end. 5 sts rem. has stumped me. Can you help me with that. i thought if my daughter completes her scarf I could teach her to do two three of these flowers to embellish her scarf. Thank you so much in advance.
    Ps: I did choose the keyhole style scarf design for her to do coz it requires lesser length.
    THough I know the basic 2 stitches I know nothing else and am groping in the dark. Please help me:)

6. Meenamohan

Meenamohan Silver IL'ite

Dear Chisha,

Its very glad to know that someone is interested in knitting. I appreciate your sinceriety. Me too not an eminent in knitting. I am just sharing what little I know thats it.

When you know Knit & Purl then why dont you trythe Basket weave. it looks very nice and very useful too. Also easy for the beginners.

Just Knit 4 Purl 4 thats it. Make it to your desired length & breadth.

This doesnt need any guage checking & any needle size with any wool will do.

Row 4 [RS]: [S2KP] to end. 5 sts rem.

means ...

Row 4 [RS] --Fourth Row is Right side.
    S2KP -- Skip 2 stitches together in other needle as though to stitch.Make one knit with the 2 & one purl. This stitch will reduce one stitch in the row.
    5 sts remining ....

A simple flower can be

Cast on 25 sts
    K onw row
    Bind off.
    You will get a rope.
    roll it in circle like a flower ( flat side up) weave the stitches. Thats it. for the beginners this will be more simpler than to do the S2KP.
    Even a pom pom will be good looking on the scarf.

All the best!!!!

7. Jaishree123

Jaishree123 Senior IL'ite

hi Meena
    thanks for sharing knitting basics with us.
    I m pregnant now and started on a basic sweater project for the new arriving baby. and your posts really helped me.

please share some other patterns if you can.

Thanks
    Jaishree

8. nityakalyani

nityakalyani Gold IL'ite

wow Meena did not know this thread existed. ops even Sudha did not inform me too bad. I did meet Sudha's parents. Once aunty is free will like to learn from her how to knit continously in a pattern with two colors. I am saving this page into my favourites.I am a knitting bug and have presented my ware in IL. Even today I have posted please do drop your suggestion/appreciation. Finally I have found a knitter in IL. Thanks buddy

9. Deepu04

Deepu04 IL Hall of Fame

Hi Madam, I was so keen to learn to knitting, however I hav`nt got chance yet. I saved your lessons. Task for this weekend :) and will post the feedback immediately. Thanks a lot for sharing this. Its really helpful for the beginners like me :) thanks a lot madam.

10. dikshisma

dikshisma New IL'ite

hello there people need some real help from people in india can some one tell me whether knitting machines are available in india i hv small kid n planning to visit india in november as it wud be cold i wish to make a few pairs quickly n more over the problem is if i make for my baby i wud b bound 2 make for my BIL's kids 9 of them in total . as i dont hv good rapport wid myin laws i wish to mend the diffrences.......so please help