1. Looking for an Interesting Craft Project? : Plethora of Ideas
    Dismiss Notice

Knitting Made Easier Lessons

Discussion in 'Knitting & Crochet' started by Meenamohan, Feb 4, 2010.

1. Meenamohan

Meenamohan Silver IL'ite

Knitting Lesson 9: Recovering a lost stitch

You can also simply make a knot in the end of one thread with the other one to start with. but the finished on e will be little unsightly.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2010
  2. Meenamohan

Meenamohan Silver IL'ite

Knitting lesson 9: recovering a lost stitch

Recovering a dropped stitch

[​IMG]

At some point in your knitting career, you are going to drop a stitch. When this happens, a stitch falls off your needle and unravels for several rows beneath the row you are working on.

[​IMG]

First of all, don't panic. Knit until you've reached the dropped stitch. Insert a crochet hook (if you don't have one available, the top of your needle will also work) into the loop of the dropped stitch.

Now grab the bar of the stitch right above it in the crook of your crochet hook. Pull the bar through the stitch. If your stitch has dropped down several rows, repeat until your stitch is on the same row as the rest of your knitting.

[​IMG]

Slip the stitch onto your knitting needle

3. Meenamohan

Meenamohan Silver IL'ite

knitting lesson 10: unraveling stitch by stitch

Unraveling Stitch by Stitch

Sometimes a mistake is too many rows down to fix with a crochet hook. Instead, you need to unravel your work in order to fix the error. As painful as it may sound, any good knitting teacher will tell you that 'Ripping is part of Knitting."

Unravel your knitting by following the directions below. This is a slightly slower but a very safe method to fix your knitting.

[​IMG]

On a knit stitch, holding the yarn in the back, insert the left needle into the stitch one row below the first stitch on the right needle.

On a purl stitch (not shown), hold the yarn in front and insert the needle from the back of the work.

Slip the stitch onto your left needle, gently pulling the yarn out of the stitch above it. Continue in this way until you have reached your mistake.

4. ramvino

ramvino Platinum IL'ite

Re: Knitting lesson 9: recovering a lost stitch

nice lesson and will defnetly try these works!!!

5. ramvino

ramvino Platinum IL'ite

Re: Knitting Lesson 6: Stockinette stitch (St st)

thanks for the nice lesson n let me try it first and will post it here def. dear!!!

6. Meenamohan

Meenamohan Silver IL'ite

Re: Knitting Lesson 6: Stockinette stitch (St st)

All the best Ramvino ... I am sure you will do a wonderful work as usual ... :thumbsup:thumbsup:thumbsup

7. AnjanaSawant

AnjanaSawant Gold IL'ite

Hi Meena,

Because of some busy work I was untouched to IL. But very happy to see next lessonsBow. I am going to have my exams in end of March and April months so won't be able to continue knitting for next two months :cry:. But please keep posting lessons for me. I shall be doing it in May month. Thanks dear!

8. Meenamohan

Meenamohan Silver IL'ite

Good to know about your interest Anjana ... All the best for your exams ... do well and excel in knitting too. :thumbsup:thumbsup:thumbsup

9. Mittuma

Mittuma New IL'ite

Hi Meena,

wonderful lessons on knitting!!!! Can you pls post some more small projects to practice the stiches.

10. Meenamohan

Meenamohan Silver IL'ite

WIll do it for sure!!! Just give me some time may be in a week's time will upload all the details I have in hand. Thanks for the query dear