Knee Replacement Surgery In India

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by EagerForInfo, Sep 29, 2022.

1. EagerForInfo

EagerForInfo Gold IL'ite

Hello,

My husbands’ parents got a knee replacement surgery. Now they want him to pay for it and he is becoming crazy and hysterical at home. It seems it is 20 Lakhs without physical therapy nurses , hospital room etc. Since he is in USA they are asking him and torturing him as I see the guy going crazy.

My question is how do “normal “ Indians afford a knee replacement surgeries ? Not all people have sons in usa but who are married to innocent ladies who these sons then torture for money.

Please advise. That is a big chunk of any Indians money. It is not a achievable for an ordinary Indian family.
    What is the way out of it for us ?

2. swarnamary

swarnamary Gold IL'ite

This is not a must have procedure for elder people to have it, maybe they are hurting and want to get it done but when we dont have that kind of money we do wait and think twice to go ahead with it,especially its procedure done one phase and working with physcial therapy is other phase and going to cost little more money..

why your husband has to go crazy over it.. that kind of money is too much for normal family to help. that is his parents he can talk to them and let them know how much he can help them as we can see there is lot of recession coming in the near days, and some familys are getting hard to survive, you dont want to fall into that category but think twice and go head with your decision.

you can help in decision making with your husband dont just say blunt NO but talk to him casually and give him some hints and make him think so hopefully he will make good decision.

3. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

It doesn’t cost 20 lakhs to do knee replacement surgery in a regular hospital. Ask for receipts.

4. shravs3

shravs3 IL Hall of Fame

Does insurance not cover Knee replacement surgery ?

5. EagerForInfo

EagerForInfo Gold IL'ite

I don’t know anything about Indian procedures. I am open to suggestions. My husband is not even calm enough to listen to me. It is not my problem and not my fault. Why he’s explode at me ! That I didn’t work all these years ??

6. DDream

DDream Finest Post Winner

Use google
    If the surgery is for one knee cost will be around two to three lakhs on an average . There will be regional differences and depends on the case or hospital. To get an idea check the link
    Knee Replacement Surgery Cost in India

You please stay calm and cool. Unless he asks you anything, dont give your opinion. If he asks, you can enquire about the hospital and google., get the cost and mention it.

Looks like he is stressed out, it has nothing to do with you. No need to overthink. If he dont talk properly, walk away. Try not argue or fight over this issue.

Let him deal with his parents. You need to be prepared to convey your decision. If you dont want to contribute( if I am in your place, I wont as he comes to you only when he needs something or use you as per your old posts, only you know the reality. Also you contribute to monthly expense, 20 lakhs is too much, he need to convey to his parents) be ready with a NO. If you like to contribute how much. Have a clear idea.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2022
  7. nuss

nuss Platinum IL'ite

My mom had her knee replacement surgery a few months ago. The total cost (including physical therapy) was approximately 3 lakhs. As a retired Government employee, 80% of this cost was covered by the government and she paid 20%.