1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Knee Pain for the past 20 days

Discussion in 'Health Issues' started by uma321, Nov 29, 2007.

1. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Hi uma,

Sometimes,the sudden spurt hurts. if your physician say she is normal, then better take her to the ortho for a opinion as all the others have suggested...Is the pain there even when she is in resting position...is she having any swelling on the knee cap or legs??

2. chaitanyac

chaitanyac New IL'ite

Hi Uma,
    :idea I think this tip may help you. If u have got any Ayurvedic Shops nearby,then get an oil named "Dhanwantari Tailam" .Massage this oil for 5 mins and use a hot water bag for 15 mins. Do this for minimum 25 days. I tried this for my back pain( Of course I am only 28 yrs old ) but, I am sure that it will work out!!!!

Bye,
    Chaitanya.

3. ashukrishna

ashukrishna Bronze IL'ite

hi uma...
    my view is sure u need to take her to doctor... r a physiotherapist. who can gve u a gud relaxing exercise.let she walk for 30 mins to 1hr...

occurence of sudden knee pain

1. sudden weight increase
    2. sitting r sleeping in the same position with legs folded
    3. diet-takin potato, or yellow of the egg, other excess watery foods...
    4. loss of calcium as she crossed 45... it hapens and starts with joins ....especialy for ladies...
    5. reaching near menopause r crossed with 6mths-1yr
    6. mild strain due to increase in weight as our legs need to hold our entire bodyweight

i tried few self remedies for my father...

1. take half a bucket of rice-washed water(after washing ur rice). if tht is goin to be the water after boiling the rice it 'll be well and good.
    2. nw ask her to put her legs till knees into the bucket ...whn the water turns normal strech ur legs on the floor and pour it over tht...
    3. thn take some wheat hush(best) make it hot using pan or coocked hot rice in a towel and pat it over her knees till she can bare the heat...
    the more she bares the heat soon she can recover...(actualy tis process is followed using vibrations given by doctors)
    4. thn relax for some time... nw comes the simple exercise... jus ask her to half fold her knees and then strech the legs while sitting dwn also sitting on the chair...
    takecare.. of ur mom and convey my regards to her
    cheers!!!
    friendly ashwadhi

4. samba

samba Bronze IL'ite

Hi,
    I'm 26 yrs old,I used to get pain in leg joints if i do overwork or strain for a long time.now there is swelling in a small portion in my left knee joint.I'm very much scared and worried what it could be?plz give me suggestions.......