1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Kiwi

Discussion in 'Healthy Living' started by Padmash, Nov 24, 2012.

1. Padmash

Padmash Platinum IL'ite

hi,

I always have some problem to eat kiwi. Kiwi is loacl produce in my area we get it very cheap and in abundant. But problem is that whenenever we eat them they will be itchy in throat. i tried sprinkling a lil salt but same result. Then we switched to new zealand kiwi they are comparatively costlier but still they too give itvhiness in the throat. When i had kiwi in bangalore i didn't face this but here i can't eat them when i find them so cheap.. I buy ripened kiwis they smell great and taste is really good but after effects are too bad to deal with them.. I remember in 2011 in got one pack of kiwi which was lighter in color compared to other kiwis and inside it was pale green, this was the first kiwi which was free of itching... but i didnt find this variety later on till now.
    Does anyone have any idea how to get rid itchiness.. or what is the mistake i am doing..

2. OOPALL

OOPALL Silver IL'ite

you may have food allergy due to the region it is grown in. I have the same problem. What i do is wash it with a dab of dish detergent and lots of water, peel the skin and then eat it. That has solved the problem. I know the skin has loads of nutrients but this is the only way i can enjoy them.

3. Padmash

Padmash Platinum IL'ite

Thanks for the respnse OOPal.. i too wash and peel the skin.. can't eat with skin its thick like velvet.. this time i will try to wash with vegetable detergent and then peel and then i will eat.. My son even liked to eat with itchiness too but now he too dont like to eat.. Morning itself i am going to try..

4. mimur9

mimur9 IL Hall of Fame

you can try having it along with curd.

Curd is given as a remedy for itchiness in throat caused by eating the elephant yam. So either mix with curd and eat or have a spoon of curd (keep it in mouth and make it touch even the nook and corners and swallow it in such a way that it touches the throat walls)

Squeeze in few drops of lemon juice on the cut kiwi fruit pieces, mix well then eat and see.

5. Padmash

Padmash Platinum IL'ite

Thanks Mimur, i will try lemon idea..