1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

Kitchens: New beautiful Designs & Countertops

Discussion in 'Home Decoration & Improvement' started by rajmiarun, Sep 2, 2007.

1. rajmiarun

rajmiarun Gold IL'ite

Kitchens and Counter top designs

[​IMG]

We were looking the net for various options of kitchen designs for one of my friends and we found out these wonderful designs. Wanted to share with you all.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2007

2. rajmiarun

rajmiarun Gold IL'ite

Re: Kitchens and Counter top designs

[​IMG]

3. rajmiarun

rajmiarun Gold IL'ite

[​IMG]

<TABLE id=table2 width=320 border=0><TD borderColor=#93b3d7>
    Glass-front cabinets display crystal and barware, while open shelves on the back side of the island hide knives and countertop appliances. Metallic and black tile backsplashes tie together the bar and island areas.

D & J Kitchens and Baths, CA
    www.djkitchen.com

4. rajmiarun

rajmiarun Gold IL'ite

[​IMG]

<TABLE id=table2 width=320 border=0><TD borderColor=#93b3d7>
    Combining the former kitchen and dining room allowed this homeowner to have an eat-in kitchen with built-in banquette. As part of the remodel, a closet was converted into a pantry.

DreamMaker Bath & Kitchen by Worldwide
    www.dreammaker-remodel.com

5. Nivedi

Nivedi New IL'ite

Dear Rajmi,

If I had a kitchen like any of the one's featured, then I would never cook for fear of spoiling the beauty :tongue . Thanks for sharing these pic's....they all seem to be expensive one's.

6. Anandchitra

Anandchitra IL Hall of Fame

dear rajmi
    thanks for these gorgeous pictures. really like it. so ar eyou doing the work yourselves or thru someone else? dont fail to post more pictures if you come across them. thanks
    regards
    anandchitra

7. Blondie

Blondie Bronze IL'ite

With personal experience my advice for new home buyers / kitchen remodelers please dont go for metal front appliances. The finger prints are a beast to clean unless you have a mop cloth tucked into your apron all the time:-(

Traditional wood front are the best (top of the line but a drain on your pocket). Other wise glass is the next best option.

And also do not go for island cooking range with down draft. The down draft exhaust pulls the flame away from the cooking pot. Takes ages to cook our indian dishes that need to simmer for a long time.

Ideally Wall cooking range (i.e cooking range aligned to one wall of the kitchen) with kitchen island that has multi tiers looks and works the best. When having a party Our center pieces(flower arrange ments, fruit baskets, candelabras etc.) can be safely out of the harms way on the top tier of the island while the lower tiers can accommodate the lavish food spread.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2007
  8. Anandchitra

Anandchitra IL Hall of Fame

Blondie
    just saw your post. you always give useful info. what did you mean by metal front appliances. did you mean stainless steel. does it also applies to fridge. since i'm thinking of getting new ones i'm asking. thanks.

9. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Thanks Rajmi for the pictures. as Nivedi pointed out I don't like to cook for the fear of cleaning. We had white kitchen 2 years before. Eventhough it looked good cleaning it is hard. so we changed the kitchen color to orangish melon. But cleaning is always there.
    Thanks Blondie for the advice. We are planning to change the faucet area of the kitchen and i will keep in mind your words.
    Sriniketan

10. Blondie

Blondie Bronze IL'ite

Chithra,
    it specially applies to fridge if you have young kids at home. We have brushed steel front for all the appliances (fridge,dishwasher,microwave/oven wall combo) and the finger prints are a daily nusance even though my kids are teenagers.