As you know honey is collected by bees which also carry pollen from the same plants... this pollen particles are most often found in honey however pure they are. Also honey itself has certain chemical components from each plant, thus a baby can have an allergic reaction to these chemicals/pollen as their immune system has not come across these before. This allergic reaction can sometimes be fatal causing swelling of both air & food passages thus shutting them down. This is called anaphylactic shock... depending on how much the baby is affected one may never be able to recover. So always beware of using such products even though from nature, as they can contain impurities & compounds to which a baby can have severe reaction to. L.