1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

Kitchen storage and organization- lets share snaps :)

Discussion in 'Home Decoration & Improvement' started by inboxsweetee, Mar 25, 2016.

1. Bubbles

Bubbles Silver IL'ite

Wow!!!:worship2:

Timely post...been looking for inspiration in this aspect myself. Anyone have ideas / pics / suggestions to organise utensils too?
    And to all the organised ladies out there..do you have a separate pantry cupboard??

2. deepv

deepv Platinum IL'ite

Neatly organised pantry.

3. divyarnair

divyarnair Silver IL'ite

Wow !! I am blown away by your organizing skills !!

4. jssd

jssd Bronze IL'ite

My utensils organisations go something like this.

-all pots and pans in one drawer
    -all cooker and related stuff like idli pans etc in one drawer along with all my chopping boards just because there was space
    -spoons and other cutlery, small kitchen gadgets in one drawer
    -cups of all sizes, all the glasses and tumblers, small dabbas and my yogurt dabbas in one drawer along with my pestle and mortars
    -all deep plates and plates used for covering pots and pans, and my big to small mixing bowls in one drawer
    -mixie + jars, grinder, all glass lids in one shelf
    -graters, rolling pins, rolling board, phulka plate,etc in one shelf
    -my tiffin and dinner plates are on a rack on the counter for easy access
    -all breakable and fancy crockery in a separate cupboard in the dining room

Mine is a self designed modular kitchen so got deep drawers installed that will help me utilise all the space till the back.

Hope this helps.
    J

Last edited: May 23, 2016
    MehulAtharvMom and Bubbles like this.
  5. Bubbles

Bubbles Silver IL'ite

Thank you J! I was just thinking you have quite a good amount of drawer space, when I read about your self designed kitchen. :):thumbup: I keep the plates on the counter too..but the lids are a big headache. All my pots and pans and cooker and idli maker go into one lower level cupboard. I have one 3 tier shelf where I keep all the cups, glasses, tumblers and microwavable bowls and glad boxes. It is barely functional and not too aesthetic and takes its toll on my tidiness-wishing mind. The mixie, spoons/ladles caddy and drying rack on the counter makes things look cluttered in minutes. I have my grinder on a separate table below the breakfast bar but it is not very ergonomic.:thinking:
    So looking for ideas (its a rental so can't design my own)..Pinterest had quite a few hacks, but I feel we Indians have way more utensils than our American counterparts..

Last edited: May 24, 2016
    jssd likes this.
  6. angeldreams

angeldreams Gold IL'ite

So neat and well arranged..how can i do this

7. jssd

jssd Bronze IL'ite

I love your name @Bubbles. .. I used to and still call my kids that, coz of all the Bubbles they blew as babies! !!

I know the kitchens abroad. Used to live in UK. ... and rented a lot.... so had bought a cupboard to just keep the kitchen stuff and the cupboard travelled with us.... I thought American kitchens were spacious. .. my sisters 1 bed apt had a huge kitchen when she was in ohio. ...
    A bit busy now... will post pics in a day or 2...

Wbw,
    J

8. Bubbles

Bubbles Silver IL'ite

:)
    The kitchen is quite spacious, but I find the storage space limited (or maybe I have way too many stuff :rolleyes:) Looking forward to your post!

9. tcbhuvana

tcbhuvana Gold IL'ite

10. Willingham

Willingham Junior IL'ite

Tips For Kitchen Storage:
    1.An open shelving unit adds more storage, but doesn't take up too much floor – or visual – space.

2.A wicker basket to corral all of her cutting boards.
    3.Old wooden Champagne cases are the ideal size for storing small kitchen accessories.
    4."Pantry" for dry goods consists of two cabinets that slide out over the countertop so that everything is easy to find.
    5. Clear plastic containers for flours and pastas to metal tins for supplies.

MehulAtharvMom likes this.