1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

Kitchen Stains

Discussion in 'Spotless Kitchen' started by kavyen, Jan 2, 2010.

1. kavyen

kavyen New IL'ite

Ladies,
    I am in the US and moved to an apartment some 1 year ago. My house is generally very clean and my mom thinks I have some kind of a cleaning disorder. As I work in the weekdays and in the weekends I just spent the whole time cleaning. While I clean up all the areas of my house, I hate cleaning the kitchen stove.. Like I dont scrub it very hard because of which my stove now has brown stains. Ie food, tea has fallen on it and stuck to the white stove and made a thick brown layer on top of the stove ..I have used many detergents and it is not going.

My hand really hurts scrapping them now and I was wondering if there is a easy way to clean them or is it too late?

Help!! Help!! :drowning

2. ganges

ganges Gold IL'ite

hi,

about the kitchen stove stains, it depends upon how old the stains are. try cleaning the stained areas with liquid cleaners available in the market when the stove is hot. careful not to touch with finger tips. hold the scrubber apply the liquid on the area and slowly scrub. for any stainless steel stain we can use vinegar.

ganges

3. shubag

shubag Gold IL'ite

If yours is a white stove...Suggest you soak the stained parts with lukewarm water and slowly with the help of a tooth brush/soft scrub use JIFF, which removes stains effectively. Since you say the stains have hardened you will have to repeat the cleaning process for 2-3 days. A good idea after every wash, you can put a food-grade aluminium foil on the stove so that the stove will not get stained and you can keep changing the foil every week or 15 days. I do this and my stove as neat as ever.

4. kavyen

kavyen New IL'ite

Thanks ladies.. let me give this a try..

5. RamyaKrishn

RamyaKrishn Silver IL'ite

Hi Kavyen,

Dont really worry about stains on the stove and you will feel that cleaning them is a life long activity, until recently even I had the same prob My entire house looks like clean and bright but my kitch stove used to look horrible!!!

Then I tried my hands on Easy off Oven Cleaner, after you cook just remove the iron stands on the burner top (if gas burner) or the coil (if electric burner), and let it stand for a good 10 mins and then take a sponge wet it and rub the stains off probably you will have to give a lil pressure for the hard stuck stains then your stove top looks like new...

You might ask me why Oven Cleaner, trust me I bake a lot, I mean a lot after using the Easy Off Oven Cleaner - Fume Free (a blue color spray tin) my oven as well as my stove top looks great!!! :)

P.S.: I would suggest you wear a glove while you clean so your hands remain protected!!!

6. gauri32

gauri32 New IL'ite

Hi,

Use Mr.Muscle oven( spray). This product is very good and it is clean very toughest stains. I am from UK. I think it is available in us also.

7. advitha

advitha Silver IL'ite

Kavya,

I'm stepping in a little late to this thread. But here's what you can try out,

Orange Plus or Nature's Orange or any citrus peel or orange oil based degreasers would do the trick. One its a water soluble spray, two it's bio-degradable and environment friendly.

Any of these sprays is available in your local hardware stores or natural heath stores like Trader Joes.

-Uma

Last edited: Jan 21, 2010