1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Kitchen Blunders

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Sriniketan, Jun 15, 2007.

1. Gowri66

Gowri66 Gold IL'ite

:idea We were "Kathukutties .. now " Experts" pa. Our betterhalf are hale and healthy !!

Enna Nandhu...:hiya eppadi sollitaanga namallai !!!

2. sundarusha

sundarusha Gold IL'ite

Hi Nandhu

I also did not know the ABC's of kitchen till marriage. Atleast you made something that was spicy. As a teenager, I had seen my mom wash everything before cooking. When she had gone out, I needed a sandwich badly, so I rinsed a slice of bread and then realized my mistake. :hide::hide:

3. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Usha,
    That is childish., you are spared...ok..it is not considered as a blunder..

sriniketan

4. Nandshyam

Nandshyam IL Hall of Fame

Athu vera onnum illai Gowri.. nambalai paarthu poraamai..:rotfl

eppadi(Kathukutties)iruntha naamba ippadi(Experts)aagitoomenu..

kavalai vidungo...Big Laugh

That was a good one.. both your blunder and your vaarthai jaalam...

Its nice to have good blunder though me thinks... like laddu becoming bhoondi...

Cha cha... nothing like that.. dont get scared AC.. I will make sure I will make the best moor for you.. I am an expert in that you know ;-) So Big B, I should add 2 green chillies for one glass of moor, is my proportion correct :mrgreen:

5. Nandshyam

Nandshyam IL Hall of Fame

:rotfl:rotflWow... I can feel better now :mrgreen: [ till I share my dal and rice stories with you all ]

6. Meenaneelakantan

Meenaneelakantan Bronze IL'ite

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8"><meta name="ProgId" content="Word.Document"><meta name="Generator" content="Microsoft Word 11"><meta name="Originator" content="Microsoft Word 11"><link rel="File-List" href="file:///C:%5CDOCUME%7E1%5CMeena%5CLOCALS%7E1%5CTemp%5Cmsohtml1%5C01%5Cclip_filelist.xml"><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:punctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><style> <!-- /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> </style><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> Dear ST

Stumbled upon your thread by chance now. Yet to read all the posts.

Today sorry its almost early morning now so i should say yesterday…o.k yesterday evening i thought of entering into kitchen (note: it had been long since (atleast a month) i showed my kai varisai so thought i should make my entry a grand one n surprise mom.):thumbsup After twisting n crushing my brain a lot, i decided to do cashew kababs which i have done before.

Went in shouting, “amma..u don’t come inside kitchen n disturb me for the next half an hour” n started grinding things. When i mixed everything after grinding, i found the mixture was not as what it should be..it was liquid instead of semi-solid…so added maida, mixed again, added corn-flour, mixed again, added maida n this itself continued for sometime. By this time my mom came in but i asked her to stay away for some more time as i knew she would shout at me for messing up with things n continued the process.:whistle

Then suddenly i got a serious doubtWitsend..my mom keeps oil in jars..refined oil in one, good oil(nallennai) in one like that..i have done lots of items before but today i don’t know why, but suddenly was very much confused.:confused2: So took those two jars, stood before my mom n asked which one to use..she was :shock:….She cleared my doubt but also taught me what ‘upanyasam’ means.bonk

By the time i was about to heat stove, our neighbour uncle came in saying he wanted to talk to me. After a few minutes i came back again n poured oil from a jar. I was deep frying the rolls smiling victoriously:-D…

My mom came in, opened the jar from which i poured oil n asked, “Where is the oil”…

"Oil?..Which oil? See how beautifully it is deep frying cashew rolls”….

That was it..Her bp shot up:spin..I had poured from the other jar. All the jars look similar.

She started, ‘U did it inspite of me telling u which one to use…For this only i told u i’ll be near…Cant you make out from the smell ……….’ n all mahabharathams n ramayans followed. I tried to explain her that it was not my mistake.. it was that uncle’s mistake for he only came n disturbed me in between. But my mom was not ready to listen to anything. She atlast laughed when i asked, “Ma…do i do like this daily?....Then what….leave it..This is the first time i have done like this..but you make it seem like as if i am doing daily.” :cool2:

7. Anandchitra

Anandchitra IL Hall of Fame

Meenu Kutty
    Even before reading your post I knew you Rantare what can be said Kitchen DisasterDrowning

I can easily become friends with your mother.. poor thing.. I can emphatize (spelling??) with her.

Tell her I am on my way like Abad pandanvan to rescue her from you:hide:

8. Gowri66

Gowri66 Gold IL'ite

Meena...

No doubt... I should appreciate you for your effort. But it would have been much better, if your amma is by your side.

Poondhu vilaiyaadi aachaa ... Learn from the mistakes !! okva ??

With love,

9. Anandchitra

Anandchitra IL Hall of Fame

Meenu Kutty
    Even before reading your post I knew you Rantare what can be said Kitchen DisasterDrowning

I can easily become friends with your mother.. poor thing.. I can emphatize (spelling??) with her.

Tell her I am on my way like Abad pandanvan to rescue her from you:hide:

10. shvap_786

shvap_786 Gold IL'ite

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl