Kindergeld in Munich

Discussion in 'Indians in Germany' started by vaniram, Mar 12, 2010.

1. vaniram

vaniram New IL'ite

Hi All,

I would like to apply for kindergeld for my daughter.
    Can you please let me know where and how to apply it in Munich.

Thanks,
    Vani.

2. Traveller

Traveller Gold IL'ite

Hi Vani,

You can download the form for kindergeld from here (the first one: KG1)

Formulare Kindergeld - www.arbeitsagentur.de

You'll have to send this form filled along with:

1. copy of birth certificate (if i remember well they do accept english version) of your child
    2. copy of passport (pages with name, birth details and visa page) of yourself, your husband and your child
    3. copy of your residential registration in Munich.

then as per detail given in this link:
    Kindergeld - www.arbeitsagentur.de

depending on the last name of your child you must send the form either to deggendorf or Passau office (familienkasse). You can find the address to either offices by the below link:

Partner vor Ort - www.arbeitsagentur.de

even if they need any additional info/documents from you, they'll always ask you for it. so don't worry about that.

Latha

3. vaniram

vaniram New IL'ite

Latha,

Thanks a lot for your reply!!
    My kid is not well, so cud not login till now.

So, we need not go to their office in Munich directly?
    Is it sufficient if we send these forms to them in post?

Vani.

4. Traveller

Traveller Gold IL'ite

Hi Vani,

how is your child now? the flu will be around until the weather settles down a bit. today was just so wonderful.

yes we never went to the office to apply. they're very prompt in replying.

Latha

5. vaniram

vaniram New IL'ite

Hi Latha,

My kid is getting better now.
    And yeah, yesterday was really good. Felt so relieved after looking the climate.

I heard that we need to go to the local office here and get the application stamped..is that true?

Vani.

6. Traveller

Traveller Gold IL'ite

Vani,

sorry for the delay. i wanted to check with my husband to avoid giving incorrect info.

For our son (born in india) we did it in dusseldorf. DH said he can't remember now if we went to the office because we had a relocation agent who helped us with the procedure. then when we moved to munich we simply gave our new registration details and we started receiving money here.

For our daughter (born in munich) the hospital gave 2 copies of birth certificate - 1 for us and other for the kindergeld- both had the hospital stamp on it. so may be you are right.

May be you could call and ask them if it's enough to just send in the application. as for the application form itself we didn't get any stamp from a local office.

Latha

7. sensan

sensan New IL'ite

english school in munich

hallo latha
    My son is 3 now.where to find a english or bilingual scool in munich.And from which year we should register.Can u please give some guidance.

8. Traveller

Traveller Gold IL'ite

Dear Vani,

If your son is 3 by september (school start year) then he'll enter kindergarten. I'll find my list of bilingual/english-speaking KIGA for you in couple of days. sorry to discourage you but you're already late to apply for this fall. but still there might be places. Kindergartens here are small in size except those big private ones and have only 20-30 kids. most kindergartens will ask for a potty trained kid. where do you live? depending on that you might have to look for the kiga. A friend of mine sends her 5 yr old to a bilingual private one near Olympia park (i think). i'll get the address.

basically there are few types of kindergartens:

1. public ones - these are only German so may not be your choice
    2. eltern-initiative - these are supported by the state so fees are less compared to private places. but the parents need to volunteer in helping the running of school. there a bilingual and or english-only kindergartens in this type.
    3. co-op - these also get support from the state but requires no parent assistance. but i'm not aware of bilingual in this category.
    4. private - expensive but the advantage is they even have full time care. the above 3 (depending) may be only from say 8am-2pm with not much extra classes in offer.

you'll have to call the kigas, register and also visit. if they don't have a place you can always put on waiting list.

child will enter 1st grade or 'school' only at 6 years of age. also you might be aware that a kindergarten kid here does not learn so exhaustively like in India:)

Latha

9. Traveller

Traveller Gold IL'ite

Hi Vani,

I tried to attach an excel file that was forwarded me with a list of kindergarten. but i think that's copyright protected so i'm unable to attach it. if you can tell me which areas you're looking for i can instead type the name and phone number here.

Latha

10. kiran

kiran New IL'ite

Hi latha,
    I am kiran, i think u remmber me i gave u so many mails regarding a house in Munich, atlast we cud search for a house in Munich from the same site immobiliensout24, we got a house in Schawbing near to our husbands office, 1 2 bedroom one but its very costly, now i am in search of a school for my kid who is 4 years now, she did her nursery here in India, so i am luking for kindergartenschool in Schawbing , is it the right time in Germany to join her in school, plz u help me in this matter also, so that i can be relieved to some extent....and we r moving to Munich in september 3rd week, my husband already started living in the new house waiting for us to come.
    regards
    kiran.