1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Kindergarten For Shy Kid: Public Or Private School?

Discussion in 'General Discussions - USA & Canada' started by Naari, Jul 6, 2017.

1. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

So similar! My child used to talk similarly in malls, cinema multiplexes, amusement park, children's place like zoo, chuck-e-cheese. To the point that once we caught her talking to a stranger at a spot kind of behind a kiosk. Would take just 3 seconds for him to pull her behind the kiosk. LOng story short, we had her watch the movie "Taken" sitting on the straight back dining table chair. Hoping she'll understand the dangers. What to say.. she "liked" the movie and asked if she can watch Taken 2 when it comes out. : ) : )

Enjoy the years... They fly. Oh my, they do.

Sandycandy and Naari like this.
  2. Naari

Naari Platinum IL'ite

Haha OMG, I can't stop drawing the parallel here. When the ups/FedEx guys come, she even starts talking to them, she thinks he is giving us a gift.. so she tells them "thank you for this package, it is so nice if you .. what did you bring ? " :laughing:And goes on to ask more questions about his day!!:grinning: So much so, that Dh has now stopped her from coming to the door since he thinks it's not safe for her to be so free in talking to strangers like that! Now when the bell rings , poor girl still asks "mom-dad, can I come too?":cry:

Sandycandy likes this.
  3. Naari

Naari Platinum IL'ite

Agree Amica.. Kids are quite unpredictable sometimes and I am hoping that's the case here..

Thank you:blush:

Amica and Sandycandy like this.