1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Killer Heels......

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Arunarc, Dec 4, 2007.

1. Mahajanpragati

Mahajanpragati Platinum IL'ite

nice thread.i love heels but as comfort comes first so i prefer flats.
    i used to live in hilly area where to reach everywhere we had to walk .so spent all my college years wearing flats that too sports shoes, even with salwar kameez.wearing heels was just restricted to social events.
    after marriage i came to plain where walking was just an exercise & not necessity so started wearing heels.
    in my school years i remember teachers wearing flats to walk down to school &then change into heels when they came to classes(which they kept in their lockers) . I always wondered why.

2. pavithrasriram

pavithrasriram Bronze IL'ite

hi,
    great thread!
    i was also fasicinated by pointed and high heels but to tell the truth there is nothing comfortable like flat ones!supriya i would like to say that u do get gud slippers even with flat ones.mujdees and kolhapuri slippers are in fashion right now u get them in different colours and with sequins which u can wear with both sari's and salwar suits!!!!!!
    regards
    pavithra

3. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Thanks Vrinda for stepping in Yes we all would like to know what these people definitely do after the show.

4. Arunarc

Hi Supriya
    It is true that tall ladies don't need to wear heels. Only ladies like me who are short I think need to wear heels. But I think it is fine for tall people to wear an inch heels.
    What do u say???

5. Arunarc

Hello Madhu
    Nice to know you too love to wear heels. Thanks for stepping here. I usually like to wear brown, black or white.

6. Arunarc

Hello Mahajanpragati
    Since it was a hilly area so the teachers might be finding it difficult to walk. So might be keeping them in the locker and wearing heels where it was easier for them to walk. Nice to know now you are getting a chance to wear them.

7. Arunarc

Hello Pavithra
    That is 100% true there is nothing comfortable like flat ones. For parties and all heels are ok, but if you have to walk for a long time than flat is great.
    Yes now a days you get just lovly ones in flat. But even in flats it should be of good quality if not we get corns. I love to wear kolhpuri chappals but unfortunity I always get corns I still have a pair in my collection. If I have to just go by car and comeback will wear them( without getting down).

8. Saraswathipv

Saraswathipv IL Hall of Fame

Hi Aruna...

Somehow missed this post of urs before....I have a fascination for high heels and...handbags. These are the only things for which I take a long time in the shops bonk.I have a good collection of handbags back home in India.

I know about the effects of wearing high heels continuously.....but I see that I get the not so high ones or the pointed ones...though I would love to:crazy....not sure if I can manage the pointed heels. And yes I bought the kolhapure model from Delhi last year. Its really simple and fancy at the same time.

bye

9. Arunarc

Hi Saraswathi
    Nice to see u here. Even I love these kolhapui chappals u know they look so great. I got it from kolhapur itself as it is near to my place, we get such beautiful ones. I just enjoy looking at them and feel sorry can't buy them, as i usually get corns and they are so painful.