1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Killer Heels......

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Arunarc, Dec 4, 2007.

1. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Ria2006
    That is really cool. Don't worry I am at your side but will never take them with me after death.......... just kidding
    Yes we really get nice shoes and sandals these days.

2. Arunarc

Thanks Anandchitra for stepping in..... Ladies usually wear them as they walk becomes gracious. Everyone has different taste. And important thing is a woman should know how to carry herself in whatever she wears. As most of them has the habit of wearing heels from childhood so when they grow up too, it is convient to them so they wear it. Yes now a days wearing heels everyway is a fashion, but wearing them for the whole day is not good for the health. You wear it for few hours or so it is ok
    But wearing heels to a picnic bonkno way I wouldn't do that as picnics are the places where we want to enjoy and relax.

3. Arunarc

Hello Lakshmi
    It is good to have a liking for flat ones dear. It will always keeps you fit. It looks you have a good height. So no worries.

4. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Aruna---keeping everybody on heels ah!

My vote is to flat slippers, but my daughters wear heels, not the pointed ones but 1/2 to 1 inch heels.
    My eldest is a little bit shorter than the younger one---to compensate it she wears it, eventhough not daily to school, but to the functions she attend.
    Younger one she is feeling bad to be tall because she cannot wear it, which will be awkward---according to her!

sriniketan

5. Arunarc

Hello Sriniketan
    step by step on the heels............
    Ya that is what we shorties do to compensate with the height we wear heels:banana
    I don't think the younger one should feel awkward ya as you know now a days so tall ones too wear heels. I think you should encourage her to wear once in a while. Telling her it is ok if you look more tall......... what do u say

6. jaishree9

jaishree9 Silver IL'ite

Hi aruna
    Wearing high heels specially pencil heels & maintaining ur poise is I think really cool stuff.
    I do wear heels with my sarees specially as the fall of sarre is better with heeled shoes & not flat one but not pencil heels. But I just look for a chance to sit down & take my feet out of shoes. With salwar kameez flats go very well.
    I met a friend after a very long time in a seminar & as we sat down for cup of coffee & quickly I took my feet out of shoes she commented still the same habit!
    I have both high heels & flat but genrally i preffer small heels like 1 - inches.
    My daughter is crazy after footwear & got more than 20 pairs & like to buy more if occassion arrived.
    While I watch "Nach Baliye "& all dancing reality shows I wonder aloud how dancers can perform so tricky movements in pencil heels (& really high ) & dont get their ankle sprained?
    But heeled shoes r a much needed weopeon also for road side romeos! if situation arises.

7. Arunarc

Hello Jaishree
    You are right in all these dance reality shows these people balance so well with they pointed heels I really admire them. These gals need so much of practice in order to perform. Yeh even I sometimes wear them on sarees it looks good. I think even these dancers might be removing them off after their performance. No idea lets findout.......
    Or wait for someone who knows even I keep wondering how these people might be doing it with those heels. Do they have knee pain, back pain?????????????
    In the last line you have mentioned it so well hahahahaha roadside romeos it is true these heels are really handy to ladies

8. vrinda

vrinda New IL'ite

Hi Aruna,

Nice thread on heels .It is something we all usually think about and talk when we see in reality shows and all, how they dance with the real high and pointed heels on. Sometimes while they perform we really feel surprised with the way they dance. Need real good practise otherwise would have a twisted ankle or something every now and then. After the show they would be definitely taking the shoes out and relaxing. Anyways will try and find out more on this.

Regards
    Vrinda

9. SupriyaDinesh

SupriyaDinesh Silver IL'ite

Hi Aruna and fellow ILites,
    My choice of heels has been changing according to my age.During school days I love to wear pointed heels.Soon i was growing tall like a giraffe(comment by one lady) i opted for not so high heels during college days.Then as Charu said,Since very small inch diff b/w me and hubby I avoid heels.( i can hear many saying - there is no reason to do so).So its just plain , flat one..I get inquisitive looks from the shoe store keeper for wanting only flat slipper.I find atttractive ones only with heels.Flat ones are dull and boring..

With regards,
    Supriya

10. madhu11

madhu11 Bronze IL'ite

hi Aruna,

I love heels. Though the fashions have been changing from the years. Only think is I don't wear too pointed heels. Once I remember I had a sprain and I could not wear
    heels for some time. I was sad then. But love heels from various colors.