1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Killer Heels......

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Arunarc, Dec 4, 2007.

1. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Most of us ladies wear high heels right................
    Let us all discuss a little bit on this too as most of us have different types of footwears. Flat, pointed heels, 1', 2' inches etc etc.........
    And we ladies usually have minimum 4 pairs onwards.
    Worn too often, high heels can cause painful bunions,calluses and corns, and it is not that just feet that suffer. High heels can effect our postures, putting stress on the spine, resulting in back problems. Long period of wearing high heels can reduce the life of our calf muscles, leading to back, hip and knee difficulties.
    Especially the working ladies today have to wear it as a part of they uniform.
    Even I wear not that I don't wear them. It is ok for wearing it for a short time but wearing for the whole day we do face problems.
    So I think whenever we have the time to sit we should remove our heels for sometime and relax our feet.

So friends what do you think about it................

Last edited: Dec 8, 2007

2. kanaka Raghavan

kanaka Raghavan IL Hall of Fame

Wearing high heels causes lot of problems and it is not good for the back and spinal cord.I prefer flat ones.I used to wonder how women manage to walk with high heels especially pointed ones.It is amazing to see so many of them balancing themselves so well.Only I get tense when I see them walking.How is it done??????????

3. Arunarc

Hi Kanaka
    Thanks for ur fb. I too wear pointed ones it is not difficult to walk with them. But not too high just about 1 an 1/2 inch at the most. But wearing them for a very long time is not good, then your heels starts paining.

4. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Aruna,

You know, in the hindi movies of the 60's, the heroines used to show the high heels to the villain to scare him away.So in a way they can be used as weapons.HAHA.

And i have never worn high heels as i am a male.But we used to wear high heeled shoes in the 70's as was the fashion, and many a times the heels used to come off in one shoe, and it was so awkward walking like a limp thill u reach home.

Nice one.Regards.kamal

5. CharuKaur

CharuKaur Senior IL'ite

Hi Aruna
    You touched a vibrating string of my guitar bonk
    I was in my early teens, when while purchasing a fancy "high heel" sandals, the salesman remarked that wearing heels before 17 years of age swells your buttock :eek:mg:. And there i was avoiding the temptation of wearing heels until i was 18/19 (to avoid just any risk you know).
    As a result, i got so comfortable with flat footwear that wearing heels was almost impossible by the time i was "elligible" to be wearing them.

Gradually, with time, i again developed a liking for heels and while i wanted to say "Bring it on", i got married - to a guy who is only an inch/two taller than me :cry:

Anyways, i have decided to wear heels once am out of this newly-wed phase :queen

Nice topic there Aruna!
    Cheers
    Charu..

6. Ria2006

Ria2006 Silver IL'ite

:wowGlad to see this thread.
    I am big "Shoes" gal :queen. I have more than 20 pairs now. And it can immdeiately become 40 if i visit any shoe shop here . so I am resrticting myself by not visiting those malls. I wear 60% time flats or 1/2 inch heels. Rest 40% time I have 3-4 inches heel, boots and just about anything.
    And once somebody asked me , if you could take one thing after death, what it would be . I said my shoe cabinet with all shoes .. :hatsoff

7. Anandchitra

Anandchitra IL Hall of Fame

Dear Aruna
    Nice thread. I am replying bec i enjoyed reading it but i am not quailfied. I have never worn one the most i have worn is 1/2 inch or is it 1 inch. I have always wondered how women could wear one for extended periods of time. Here in the U.S its most common to see women wear these all day. recently I saw a friend of mine who was wearing one to the picnic. Have no clue why some women wear it when there really is no need to. I am sure i dont know anything because most women are wearing one all the time. keep writing more...

8. Sashmitaa

Sashmitaa Senior IL'ite

Hi Aruna

Good topic. I like high heels on others feet not on mine. I used to have one pair(only one) because of adamancy I got them but i dont remember whether I wore it or not. Most of the times I thought it wont suit me. So I would prefer to wear flat ones than these.

Cheers
    Lakshmi

9. Arunarc

Hahahah even today I think ladies use it as a weapon. Thanks Kamalji for stepping in here. Yes in 70's it was a fashion even today it is for men but only thing is now I think we do get good shoes and the heels don't come off. Sorry to hear about your awkward situation, it do happens sometimes and we do feel embarassed. Thank god it never happened to me anytime.

10. Arunarc

Hello Charu,
    Oh I am sorry to hear that you couldn't wear it for the salesman's remark. Hope you get to wear it soon. I too was fancied at my teen, so started wearing them but have no problem even today. I usually wear them when going with my hubby as he is very tall and I am too short. It doesn't make any difference to him. But i prefer heels.
    Hope you will get to wear them soon and enjoy them with few precautions.