Killer combo - Halwa and Jasmine??

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by singapalsmile, Mar 21, 2010.

1. sangeeta2010

sangeeta2010 New IL'ite

I love jasmine flowers and my it is a sure turn-on for my husband too.
    My hubby used to get me jasmine flowers every evening, especially summer time, while we were in India.

Loooovvvveeeeee it and that is one thing I miss in US. When I go to visit my family in India in the summer, hubby calls me and asks me to adorn my hair with jasmine flowers without fail every evening. I do that for him.

Long distance sex!!!......:wink:

As for the halwa part, I don't know, not a big fan of sweets.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2010
  2. saipavani123

saipavani123 Silver IL'ite

[JUSTIFY]@sangeeta2010 :- yup i too lovvvveee them !!!. I make sure I buy them every summer evening while going from office to home. I can't and won't wear it to office. But I wear it at home usually in summer [​IMG]. I love its smell [/JUSTIFY]

3. Foundlove

Foundlove Gold IL'ite

I think it is a cultural thing.Since I do not wear or put ( I am sorry do not know the proper verb) flowers I have no clue about it.

I like halwa for breakfast...did not know about romance.

Maybe I need to look into this...
    FL

4. peartree

peartree Platinum IL'ite

Well.... I am not sure about the mallipoo-halwa combo (Jasmine-halwa) but I sure can vouch for the venn pongal - kasi halwa combo that we get to eat in Chennai!

The early December morning in Mylapore, strains of music everywhere, the hot venn pongal and kasi halwa that leaves a residue of "ney"(ghee) on the banana leaf that it is served on and the aroma of the filter coffee..... romantic enough for me :thumbsup

Last edited: Mar 22, 2010
  5. paanzaa

paanzaa Gold IL'ite

Thats for vellakara dorais...thats the meaning of the Bhadralok, we have for the upper class people...Villages in India are rustic and charming, where the romance roams around the fields and the trees...I have been into lot of countryside villages...where people are simple.

My mind still lingers about the halwa piping hot and served in the mandharai leaf in my native Pattamadai, where we have a house still. Jasmine- i work in the territory where it grows in abundance-Madurai and Dindigul.

But where did the practice start-halwa and malli?
    Any person who has experienced that?

6. singapalsmile

singapalsmile IL Hall of Fame

Thanks everyone for the overwhelming responses.

Ragini -> Special thanks for the quote from a Halwa vendor!

Spiderman -> Idhai poyi mokkai nu sonna, mokkai a enna nu solluveenga? Let me provide you a classical example for Mokkai:

Ques: What is the chemical name of dog?
    Ans: Sodium Iodide (Na + I = NaI)

Raji -> Try it out with Ice-cream next time. :wink: You may switch your loyalty from Halwa to Ice-cream.

Aruna -> Crispy response!

Anu -> Glad to see you here. If Wheat-Halwa were an aphrodisiac, I wouldn't have posted this query in the first place. I second you on granny's part.

'Sasti poorthi' Granny = 'Sweet' 16 years + 'Rich experience' of 44 years :wink: No offence meant! Any takers in IL?

Malavika/Lotusgirl -> What works for one person may not work for the other (Pun intended)! :wink:

Vidhkarthik -> Are you sure that 'Halwa' is an aphrodisiac? Can you quote any reference from net? Thanks!

Saipavani/Sangeeta -> Looks like you are an ardent fan of 'Jasmine'. Cool!

Bhuvnidhi -> Neenga "Halwa" Kuduthu Kaala Vaararadhu pathi solreenga..Naan "Halwa" Kuduthu Eppadi Kavutharaanga nu Ketkaraen!!

Archana -> Your understanding seems to make perfect sense!

1 person likes this.
  7. paanzaa

paanzaa Gold IL'ite

Hello...
    Intha halwa topica vache halwa kindringlo...naan tiruneavelikaaran.

8. asuitablegirl

asuitablegirl Gold IL'ite

We had some friends bring us back some Halwa recently... and it was in a heart shapped box and sooooo good! After reading this thread with all these halwa mentions, I'm really craving it now!!

9. smart_soul

smart_soul Bronze IL'ite

Dear SingapalSmile,

Ungaloda topic-um super..Unga peyarum super...

I remember my dad occassionally calling my mom.. 'Ey singapal siripazhagi.. Konjam coffee kuden' ..(Thats all in front of us.. ;-))

This was a long drawn doubt in my mind too.. Could never get it.. Unfortunately my DH is allergic to mallippo vasanai and doesn't like sweets. And I LOVE both... what a deadly combo..

10. vidhkarthik

vidhkarthik Bronze IL'ite

Peartree - You are talking my language sweetie. Ever tasted Mysore bondas and filter coffee in Music academy during season with strains of sahana and kaapi floating around....BLISS. Nothing more romantic than sharing that moment with a loved one.

2 people like this.