1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Kids sleeping with parents

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous in Parenting' started by croco, Jun 10, 2011.

1. Nethrumom

Nethrumom New IL'ite

I wish she could understand this..:)

2. croco

croco New IL'ite

Nethrumom,
    Yes, kids do understand everything you tell them!

3. headspin

headspin Bronze IL'ite

im not sure what kind of crid you have - but what i did is, remove one side of the crib (the removable side) and attach it to the bed and wall such that there is no scope of your DD falling. even if she rolls, she will come to the bed and continue sleeping.

this worked for me. DS is 19 months and currently sleeps with us. but never on our bed. from day 1 (maybe after a week of born) - we got him a crib. it used to be next to me always. and till date, he sleeps on the crib.

day time - i put him to sleep on the main bed - keeping pillows on both sides. my DS makes noise while turning/rolling - so i am aware when he moves. he sleeps well for 2.5 hrs. and at night i remove one side of crib and attach to my bed. so even if he wakes up, he knows im around and can touch/sense me. touchwood - he sleeps well..

about sleeping in different room - i guess it depends on individuals. currently we have no space to move DS anywhere else - so have no option. but my guess is - aroudn 4/5 yrs i would want him to sleep sepate room.

4. Nethrumom

Nethrumom New IL'ite

Hi Headspin,
    sorry for the late reply. I wanted to buy a crib like urs but cudnt find tht model here when DD was small hence got a travel crib which is closed on all sides with net and is lil deep as well.

Anyways thanks for sharing ur ideas:thumbsup